May 7, 2013

tutorial tuesday. pocket calendar makeover.

Hello and welcome back to tutorial  tuesday.  Today I am sharing a very simple way to dress up your basic pocket calendar. 
You just need three things : a pocket calendar, fabric of your choice and some fusible interfacing.  I happened to use Pellon 931TD fusible mid weight. 
Here we go :
1.  Pull calendar out of plastic sleeve - measure
2.  Cut interfacing to that size.  (Mine measured 6.25" x 7.25")
3.  Iron interfacing onto the backside of your fabricI prefer to have fabric a smidge larger, so that I can just cut off the excess.  Square up the fabric.
4.  Insert with calendar back into your plastic sleeve and voila - a cute little pocket calendar for your purse.    xo

p.s.  more pouches listed in my little shop
Fresh Poppy Design

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 07, 2013

    What a cute idea! Thanks for the simple Tutorial~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And another item to go with your pouches and tissue holders...Vera Bradley has got some competition!
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute use for this fabric, and one that lets you enjoy it every time you take this out of your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I spend so much time trying to find a pocket calendar I like - I am picky. This will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Can you tell me what that fabric is? I have a quilt it would be perfect for!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I agree that it's hard to find a picture on the calendar that I like. I'm not nearly as hard to please when it comes to fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tutorial Trish, I'm loving catching up with your blog, its been such a long break away from blogland
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trish!
    I just fond your blog and Ive been perusing your previous posts. Love love love it all so much :)

    Would you mind letting me know what fabric this is?? I love it and would love to get my hands on some :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    Patrice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.