(source)
Where has this week gone? Truly.
I have been working on a couple of special projects that I hope to share this week. Just putting some final touches on them.
Last month I was contacted by a sweet mom who is wanting to surprise her husband on Father's Day with a quilt made from their babies clothes. Can I just say, this is one of the most meaningful quilts I have ever created. I spent most of last week ironing and applying a light weight interfacing to the backs of each 5" square. The quilt will measure 96" x 96". There are 440 5" squares in all. After I began sewing the squares together I realized that I needed a walking foot, something I have been dragging my feet on (no pun intended) but the foot has been ordered and sewing will resume on Tuesday when it arrives. What did we ever do before Amazon?!
Another special project I am currently working on, is a standard size grandmother's flower garden pillow, that I have been pondering since the moment I received Lori's half hexie rulers. There will be a little tutorial with my sharing, as well. So please, stay tuned.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. xo



What sweet little squares! :) Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
ReplyDeletesweet, sweet, sweet - baby clothes quilt!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special gift!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day Trish!!
ReplyDeletexo
What a wonderful idea .. I'm sure it will become a cherished heirloom ... Sarah x
ReplyDeleteYay! I am looking forward to the tutorial, that pattern is so pretty, but I have always been so intimidated by it. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteTrish- my quilt is AMAZING!!!!! I can't thank you enough for all of the time, creativity and care you took in making the quilt of all of my children's clothes! It truly turned out better then I could have imagined and it brought tears to my eyes!! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so lucky to have found you!
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes!!
Christine Lutz