July 19, 2012

playing with hook and yarn.

Yesterday, it rained and rained.  A perfect day to stay indoors.  It was so much fun to pull out my left over pieces of cotton yarn from the lemons to lemonade blanket I made (see it here, here, here, here) and try a new to me pattern.  It is called little spring mandala and the tutorial can be found here.  I first saw this pattern when the dear Karen at My Four Lil Girls created several.  It was love at first sight!  You can see some of her pretty little spring mandalas here.  I plan to make more, only much softer in color.  This was a "prototype" to make all my mistakes on.
Thank you for dropping by my blog.
I hope you have a nice day.
xo

15 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the potholders of years ago! Memories revisited! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty. How about a few crochet lessons for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Trish, I LOVE it! I want to make one right away with my left over pieces of yarn. Thank you so much for the tutorial link. I like your colors even more than hers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Trish! I have a wire mandala necklace that I love to wear (and not just so I can play with it when I'm bored!) Your crocheting is so inspiring! Have you checked out Little Miss Shabby's crochet along project? Might be right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty, love your color choice. I have to check that tutorial! Groetjes, Corry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahhhhhh you caught the bug, aren't they a dream.
    I just love the one you've made, beautiful as always
    Lol Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lot of interest, they are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rainbow in a round..lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this pattern bookmarked. Yours is very pretty!!! Love it in the cotton yarn : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, happy little project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors, and design!! Thanks for sharing the pattern!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors, nice and summery! Very cool! I'll have to check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! And it looks like it was fun to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.