February 18, 2012

saturday.

 good morning ladies.
i put on a pot of coffee.
baked cinnamon rolls.
and am stitching away
at the scallop edge on my
granny stripe blanket.
it is raining today.
even a tornado watch
on the weather radio
for good measure.
it could not be a nicer
way to begin the weekend.
we are all congregated in
the living room, either quietly
reading or in my case
hooking along my white cotton yarn.
between a rumble of thunder over 
head and the hum of the clothes 
drier in the laundry room
* i am counting my blessings *
hoping that you are having a wonderful
weekend doing what you enjoy
with the ones that you love.

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. What a perfect day Trish! I'll coffee and stitch with you from across the miles... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket! Coffee, some stitching (of any kind) and a thunderstorm sounds like a wonderful day to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect. You crochet is gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you don't have to go out in it. Hope your Saturday continues with counting your blessings!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely! I've been thinking about you and continue to pray for your family.

    xo,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect Saturday morning (except for the tornado). I love your coffee mug! And I can't wait for the granny stripe ta-dah!! Hope the rest of your weekend is just as wonderful xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your crochet, Trish! I love to spend my hours with my Family and create smth new :o)
    Have a wonderful Sunday
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is sweet. Sounds like things are going better around your house. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore that granny blanket!!!! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blanket. I love the colours, so bright and cheerful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that afghan pattern! where did you get it?? Miss u! :) Hoping things are better with Woody!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post, Trish. I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous pictures...how lovely your stripy blanket edge is looking. Have a great week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blanket...it makes me wish I could remember how to crochet (my great-grandma taught me as a young girl). So pretty and such an updated twist in crocheted blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that blanket is so fun! I love the colors and glad that you're getting a day to sit and count your blessings as you stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colourful blanket has raised my spirits today! Thanks for sharing. (I've pinned it for future reference - I may copy it exactly!) BTW - I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trish
    those are sweet granny squares!
    I just learned to scallop last week. I hooked now.
    So glad to hear the family is sitting contently altogether. I hope this means your DH is better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful afghan! I love your colors, and it looks so pretty with the pinwheel quilt. A day of sewing, listening to thunder and rain and the dryer sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trish, I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award and hope you will accept,although I won't be offended if you don't You can find out more details on my blog.
    love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.