in may :
the garden is in full bloom.
lots of tomatoes and yellow squash.
preparing for more painting.
i turned 45.
i love getting older.
my baby is about to graduate high school.
i drink far too many caramel frappes.
made our first batch of pesto for the summer.
going back to tide laundry detergent.
love love love crocheting maybelle squares.
hardly any sewing going on. sniff.
forgiving myself for not being able to do it all.
no matter how many times i tell myself that i can.
trained at the local courthouse, to work the polls. am falling in love with this little town we call home. it only took eight years.
took a 2 1/2 hour nap on mother's day.
guilt free.
xo
Happy Birthday !! May your May be full of Spring flower and not too many rain showers !!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Trish!!
ReplyDeleteMay is a special month for me because its's my nanas middle name, my seventh baby was born near the end, and just last week I was blessed to become a nana again, to a precious little girl.
ReplyDeleteSo a May for me is all about girls....and true autumn arriving in the tropics.
I love that you slept on Mothers Day guilt free. We should do more of that, Trish.
Happy birthday month! xx
Happy birthday to you! My baby is graduating this year too! Not sure how I feel about that! No sewing project? I would like to do another quilt along. I have my quilt top completed from the Great Granny Square Sew Along. Thinking about doing Lori's next one but not sure if I have any place in my craft room to hang it! Love your blog and am glad I found it! :)
ReplyDeleteOh darn, I forgot we are birthday buddies this month! happy Birthday, I loved getting older way back when I was 45 too. Lol, Well, it beats the alternative ;>) You already have Basil to make pesto?! We haven't planted ours yet because we aren't past our frost date! L♥ve those red and white crochet squares! Not much sewing going on? Are you feeling ok?! Good for you for forgiving yourself, NONE of us can do it all, and the sooner we make peace with that the better. Missing you. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletelove, love, LOVE this post! Especially love the crochet squares...makes me want to pick up my hook and yarn again....Maybelle pattern sharing??? ;)
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteI loved your post and totally get your lovely Poem . My life has been crazy again recently and my sewing machine has been left abandoned - ocasionally I have gone into the sewing room to take a few minutes to look at my fabrics and just to think what I might o next when I have time . I am crocheting inhe evening on occasion as I have a blanket to finish or daughter before she goes to uni - tomorrow is another day and I am sooo looking forward to a day Soon at my machine - hope you get to yours soon too!!!!