December 5, 2013

what does a goose say??


honk honk.


Ok, so that was a little corny, but in my defense, flying geese and I don't play well together.  Ever.  I am such a stickler for accuracy in my sewing and for some reason, I can't seem to ever get flying geese, just right.
 
The method that Lori has shared with us (the quilty fun sew along week five) changed all that for me!  I just wanted to jump up and down and give her a great big hug!!
 
These little flying geese are just so cute!  I chickened out on the row along quilt -  flying geese row, and am now sorry for that.  Now I actually want to make flying geese, like all the time!
Also, have you seen It's Sew Emma's Alphabitties?  They are a new marking tool that saved the day for me while laying out the fabrics I needed for the flying geese blocks.  When squares are cut so close in size, I get confused and these little gems helped me keep it all organized.
And ... of course with my sweet little granddaughter, Grace Anne, just born, I had to play with the letters to spell out her name!  wink.
I am having so much fun sewing each section to The Quilty Fun Sew Along!  I hope you will join in the fun!  Don't forget to check out the flickr page!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be an especially beautiful quilt Trish. You know I am a big fan of every one of your quilts but these blocks together are just scrumptious! Good for you for mastering those geese! *honk!* ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so much fun. Love the fabrics . . . you are so creative :) I'm afraid that I am just a beginner, I haven't gotten brave enough for these yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy to hear you say that Lori's method works! I'm going to try my geese this evening. Like you, I've never had the success I hope for making neat little geese. Can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still learning about quilting and never heard of flying geese, but I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a board full of cuteness! Your geese are especially colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flying geese look great. I so know what you mean, that is why I do not make them that much. I bought Lori's book so I am going to have to look them up.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flying geese are happy geese - absolutely darling! LOVE the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your quilting is so pretty! I am extremely jealous that I don't get to play with pretty fabrics much at all anymore...sigh...so sad...maybe one day when I don't have to work so hard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the flying geese and your choice of colours! I just discovered your blog, so very please to have done so! Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flying geese are so pretty and look great! Love all your rows so far!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.