July 10, 2013

work in progress. organizing.

(for the kitchen pantry)
As mentioned here, I am in the process of purging and organizing.  
Yesterday I took just about every single thing off of our walls.  
Stood back and immediately felt a calm.  
We will be painting in the next few months, so I patched little nail holes.  
Honestly though, I am in no hurry to put anything back up.  
Not to mention, almost everything I took off the walls was carted off to our local consignment shop.  Including the baskets that Easter was sitting in and picture behind him.  (such a good helper)
Those funds are going into my paint money jar.  
I am a firm believer in, if you are not using it, get rid of it.  
Either give it away or sell it.  
If you sell it, set the funds aside for a goal you have in mind.  
In this case, paint.
So the pictures you see up above, obviously have nothing to do with painting.  I am printing off labels to organize my pantry.  It was already done (in orange - was so cute) but our needs have changed so I am opting for yellow (it is what I have on hand).  I will show you when I am done.
In the mean time, have a super day!! 

11 comments:

  1. You have good ideas! I need to pull things off my walls too. Can't wait to see your pantry labels. I need to thoroughly organize. Wanna come help when you're done at your house?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow is so pretty, can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is for your pantry? Is that yellow gingham shelf paper? I love the sunny color, can't wait to see the end result:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the yellow gingham, it's so fresh and pretty. Well done you for doing all that sorting, and have fun when the painting time comes around.
    BTW, that is a gorgeous new profile pic (your About Me pic) - simply beautiful.
    Have a lovely week,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are inspiring me to de-junk! Good for you for getting rid of the things that are not being used.
    *Your Bees Knees package arrived safely yesterday in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well when you done I am happy to have you come over here. Your yellow gingham is sooo cute.
    Hope you are having a great day.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good words to,live by------If your are not using it, get rid of it. I need to do more of that,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another good one is if you have not worn it in a yr get rid of it too!! Unless it is a fur coat or suit , or gown..I really like the wall you have with the picture of you both the lamp and the quilt on the wall . That is a nice thing to put on your walls..It is amazing how much color and visual effect a quilt can add to a wall by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left everything bare for a couple of weeks after I put away my Easter decorations and enjoyed it very much... Then I just put back the things I LOVE and everything else was donated or put away for another day. It's good to simplify!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always great to get rid of things nots being used!! Love that gingham and your darling kitty!! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be doing that in my living room one of these days. Anything I don't love, will be moving on to another home to be loved. It feels good to purge once in a while. =) Can't wait to see what you will be doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.