July 12, 2013

friday finish. kitchen pantry.

The organizing and purging continues.  The process is a lot like an iceberg.  You see the tip above the water but the bulk lies beneath.  
To be quite honest, I LOVE to organize so this is by no means troublesome to me.  The past year has kept my mind and activities elsewhere.  Since things have settled considerably, I am a woman on a mission ... room by room, closet by closet, drawer by drawer.  Look out!
Today I am sharing a smidge of our pantry, which is more like a small room.  And that translates to a quick organizing finish.  Spending a couple of days taking inventory helped to put it in order and get my shopping list together for next payday.  With our needs changing, again, it helped for me to get my hands in there and create a plan.
Our meal planning is pretty basic, so it didn't take too much effort.  And since I LOVE making lists, the process was enjoyable.
The labels were super easy to make.  I had the supplies on hand from the last time I organized the pantry.  I just printed new labels (some of the items in the past we no longer use), cut my scrap paper to fit the plastic name tags, then tied them on with a ribbon.  Easy peasy.  
The bins corral different items, keeping them orderly and since I don't put our canned goods in any containers, they out in the open, oldest date forward (like stocking shelves at the market), and I can easily keep track of what we have on hand, and what we need.  
Another area that runs more smoothly when kept in check.
Do you have a method for keeping food items orderly that you would like to share?

12 comments:

  1. I had no idea organizing shelves could also be pretty....you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love an organized pantry. Those little labels are so cute. Hope all is well and you are having a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I line like items up in a row and I also put the newest in the back, so things get rotated. Yours is looking great. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized and cute! My youngest is going to college this fall, I see some major decluttering in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Maybe you should come by and pay me a visit. lol
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. My pantry could definitely use organizing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a pantry in the basement. It's like my own little supermarket, with shelves full of the staples we use most. It's actually in need of organizing, purging and restocking at the moment, but it works great for all kinds of things. A pantry is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me! Time for me to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may have inspired me. : ) Just took a load to to the Goodwill truck, felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh looks so pretty! And the labels are very cheerful. Well done! I need to get my pantry organized as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 15, 2013

    Hello there Trish........It's lily here from 'making it vintage'..........I see you still have my blog link up so I thought I'd just pop by your lovely blog and let you know that I'm blogging again, although I'm using my own name now. Things became pretty complicated for a while.........explanations on my old blog......but life has settled down and I've so missed reading your blog and was so happy when I literally stumbled across it again.

    Hope all is well with you and your family and I have a favour to ask...........would you pop over and organise my pantry, you've done such a fabulous job of yours.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.