
It has been quite a transition, between leaving the climate of Northern California, my dear sweet California, where I was raised, and coming to the south. First the east coast of Florida and now, rural southern Mississippi. I am now as adjusted as I have ever been and have found many charms in being here, to embrace.
With the weather keeping us indoors, Woody and I spent our weekend working on puzzles. Talking, joking, laughing, being together. It was the perfect opportunity to communicate where we have come from, where we currently are, lessons learned, our goals, and what we plan to reach for next.
You see, not only have we transitioned through climate changes, we have also transitioned through life changes. Some of those life changes have recently caused me to feel greatly overwhelmed.
Upon recognizing where I needed to adjust, I shifted my posture to point straight to the Lord, to seek His face, ask for forgiveness by not turning back sooner. Then (graciously) I began walking in the abundant peace that comes strictly through Him. (Phillipians 4:8)
So what does the puzzle with a missing piece have to do with all of this? It was after putting the American flag puzzle together, that Woody and I both realized there was a piece missing. Woody encouraged me to take a picture, after stating, how a blog post will be born from this! How our lives often feel like a puzzle that is missing a piece.
That missing piece being the unknown events that we are instructed to walk in by faith and not by sight.
Amen
ReplyDeleteWhat a thought provoking post, Trish - thanks of sharing it, you are such a blessing. Xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you dear friend. Life changes can leave us wondering what to do next but God always knows what is ahead and where we are going. Focusing your spiritual life is the right thing to do! As for the heat, I say sew inside where it's cool;>)
ReplyDeletePraying for you. What a beautiful puzzle & a wonderful reminder God is in control even though we may not sense His presence. In my daily study recently I came across this and it was such a gentle reminder & so eloquent that I had to jot it down. And your comment about walking by faith reminded me of it. So I'm sharing it with you in case it speaks to your situation as well. It is speaking of the questions found in Psalm 77:7-10. "As Christians, we do not live on explanations; we live on promises....If God answered all of these questions, would it make any difference? It might ease your mind a little bit, but it wouldn't really change your situation. Live by faith, not by sight. Trust the promises of the Lord. He will not change." Love you friend.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Thank you ~ there are so many searching and don't realize that the missing peace is Christ. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this today Trish!! I am right there with you! Keeping you in my prayers dear friend! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteThoughtfelt post. I get it. I get you. How often I feel like that...and really only Christ can make us whole and fill that piece. That is a darling puzzle though. I love it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, Trisha.
ReplyDeletebeautiful message - thank you, Trish.
ReplyDeletePraying for you dear friend!
ReplyDelete