Friday was spent indoors sewing Suburb blocks. This is such a fun pattern!! I am using a Happy Go Lucky layer cake for the houses, Lecien blue with tiny white dots as the sky and my favorite go to white Bella Solids Bleach White for the rest.
Here is a little snippet of Sherri's bee block. Sherri asked that we make Christmas scrappy trip around the world blocks. This is going to be such a cute quilt!! I can hardly wait to see it all together. I am actually making two but wanted to leave the second as a surprise, since it will have some of my own fabric added. wink.
And here is another snippet of a bee block I am finishing up. It is for Calli. I just adore this pickledish pattern! It is going to be such a beautiful quilt. Calli sent 30's style fabrics and the templates necessary to create a "melon" for the blocks.
This is what happens when I turn my back. My little Miss Lizzy fancied my large granny square quilt a cozy place for her afternoon nap. Little stinker!
The binding has since been sewn on and almost finished hand stitching it to the back. I will be updating the no waste large granny square quilt tutorial link. It took much longer than I had planned, but believe me ... I have enjoyed every single step of the process, so was worth it! Kathy did a beautiful job quilting it!! Thank you so much Kathy! I love it!!





I really love the large granny square quilt, I'm looking forward tothe tutorial.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYour little houses are as cute as can be! I've got to get a move on. :) Can't wait to see your granny square quilt. You know me and Fig Tree fabrics. Swoon!
ReplyDeleteLizzy has to thoroughly check each quilt to make sure it's quality. And if she falls asleep, I'd say she approves. How cute is she....I'd have to forgo the hand binding and find something else to do while she napped-she's just too precious to disturb. :)
My adult male cat Morgan is still a kittie at times. I was laying out quilt blocks diagonally on my bed to get them in order, here comes Morgan 50 m.p.h. jumps up on the bed, does his crazy act, then is gone in a second. Oh Morgan....
ReplyDeleteI love it Trisha! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI have my eye on the Suburb pattern, too. So adorable!! She is so clever, isn't she??
ReplyDeleteSo cute weekend sewing. Love the houses. And your pickledish. Very nice, as always for you.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy. I used a Happy Go Lucky layer cake today. Its such a fun line
ReplyDeleteCute, cute, cute, Suburb blocks!!!!!
ReplyDelete