May 23, 2013

from my heart.

 (image has nothing to do with post - wink)
Today's post is a wee bit personal.  With it being in the forefront of my heart for the past month, I feel I just need to say something.  My regular readers (and dearest friends) are aware that I am a birth mom and that my daughter was adopted from me when I was just 17. 
(Val and I with Nanny during one of our visits)
I am very blessed to have a close relationship with Valerie.  She is more precious to me, than I have words to describe.  

(playing together during a visit)
We talk and text constantly.  Laugh incessantly!  We have chatted via skype and keep updated with pictures as well.  
We have been trying to arrange a visit for what seems like the longest time.  We have not seen one another since 2004!  Crazy huh?!  Neither of us like it either!
Since that time, Valerie has married a dear young man and the two of them have a sweet little boy!  Both of whom I have not met in "real life".
Well girls (deep breath), I have the confirmation information on my phone, for the plane tickets purchased and I am heading her way very soon!  I am a little nervous, and on the other hand, so happy I can hardly contain it!  Sleep is not coming easy if you can imagine. My brain has consulted with my heart many times on the matter, reminding it to stay in check.  We are both so thrilled that we can finally be together again!!  It has been way too long!!

31 comments:

  1. Crying tears of happiness for you today! Asking God to bless your visit with memories to last... until your next visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trish! I am so very, very happy for you! Thank God for the technology we have that allows us to stay in touch, but oh to hold the ones we love in person! Enjoy your visit my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Enjoy and savour your moments together. G-d's blessings for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you Trish! I know you will have a wonderful visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you. I love reading such wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy for you Trish, I know you will cherish every single second!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart and happy thoughts are with you as you travel to meet your "kids". love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. how totally wonderful!!!! I'm so excited for both of you, wishing you the best and the most amazing time while visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Trish, that is so wonderful - I am so, so very happy for you both (you look so alike, by the way) and I pray that your visit will be such a blessing to you all. Wow - God is great!
    love Gilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you Trish!! Enjoy every moment of your visit!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My prayers go with you Trish. I know it will be a wonderful (and tearfilled reunion :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so happy for you Trish!! How awesome!!! What treasured memories you will have!! Hugs, xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful news. What a lovely reunion you will have and you get to meet your gorgeous grandson too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gift! I pray that your time together will be extra special!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trish, I have been a regular reader for a few months and never commented yet (just a little shy I guess). I love your sewing and your style! Thank you for sharing bits of your personal life and know that this reader wishes you many blessings for your upcoming trip. I've known birth moms and adoptees who yearn to meet their missing relative but are blocked by sealed records, contracts, or just life. What a blessing that you have been able to keep the connection. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! I know it will be a great time. Praying you have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just such happy news!! I'm thrilled for you. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousMay 23, 2013

    A treasured time...for sure~~live each and every second to the max!!! Prayers and blessings to you all!! Hugs,Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Trish
    Your daughter is beautiful.
    I'm sure your visit will be a blessing for you both.
    I'm so happy for you. Have fun!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you are going to have so much fun Trish!!!
    I'm so glad that you finally get to see each other again
    and also the 2 cuties that you have never met:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Trish I am so happy for you. You are going to have such a happy visit. Your daughter is beautiful and from what I can see a beautiful family as well. You are so blessed to be able to keep in touch with her. Hope you have a safe trip.
    Many Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, what a blessing! Have a wonderful visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy for you Trish! Have a wonderful visit....you will have so many moments to cherish!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. AnonymousMay 24, 2013

    Beautiful post and I feel absolutely thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How funny this is your post today. I was just thinking about your upcoming visit & was going to email you about it. Guess it's on my mind too. :) I'm SO excited for you! I pray you have a wonderful time catching up. And getting to meet your son-in-law & grandson...it's going to be an amazing trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. AnonymousMay 24, 2013

    I am so very happy for you and wish for you both to be extra blessed on your trip! Thanks for sharing your story. You may never know how many lives you touch. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Trish, I am so happy to hear that you and Valerie will be visiting with each other soon. Happy tears as I read your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. AnonymousMay 24, 2013

    Oh Trish, such wonderful news. Here is wishing you the best time while visiting. Lots of hugs and lots of photos;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  29. Trish - That is going to be AWESOME for you! I know you will enjoy every minute of it :) I'm so happy for you <3
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  30. Precious, just precious. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.