Hello and welcome back to tutorial tuesday. Each Tuesday I have been sharing a link to a tutorial that I have either tried or plan to. I hope you are enjoying the tutorials and if you have any to share, by all means, please leave a link in the comment section. I would love to see it!
Today's tutorial is no stranger to you dear quilters out there! It is the scrappy trip around the world tutorial. If you google that title you will see some of the most gorgeous quilts made by using this tutorial. After digging into my beloved Seaside fat quarter bundle (I will share that quilt top on another tutorial tuesday - wink), I had plenty of strips that I could hardly wait to use in a scrappy trip around the world quilt top.
I had just enough strips to make a toddler size quilt top. I have been craving more hand quilting projects, so this will keep me company in the evenings while I hang out with the family.
The quilt top is a 3 block by 4 block lay out.

I hope you are having a great start to your week!
Thanks so much for visiting.
ps. I am making another scrappy trip around the world quilt top using scraps from my stash, that I will show as it progresses. I couldn't help it! I just love this pattern!




I love this collection, and the colors look like summer! I finished my scrappy trip around the world a few days ago and it's on my bed. It's horribly imperfect and I love it to pieces, lol. It's just such a bright, happy thing:>) I will be sharing it soon, but I know I'll love yours!
ReplyDeleteI want to make a scrappy trip at some point. I love your Seaside one. This is such a fun collection of fabrics! I still have leftovers from my road trip quilt. :) That is a good tutorial to share also, by the way. It's Allison's and is very easy for beginning quilters to adjust the size of quilt they want to make.
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I love how you arranged the squares. Very nice. And I agree, that fabric is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove it, you accomplished a lot! Good job. I love that line too, I have a charm pack.
ReplyDeleteI have this on my to-do list! Love the look of the scrappy trip quilt :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday
xx
Isn't it great!? I love making those blocks
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful, love the bright and breezy colours. Sarah
ReplyDeleteThis is a great tutorial. I have made one and probablywill make another someday
ReplyDeleteand my scrappy Trip Around the World blocks are still in strips in ice cream buckets - calling me! I Love Seaside!
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful! That fabric line is so pretty. I still haven't taken my scrappy quilt top to the quilter yet. xoxo
ReplyDelete