And fifteen tomato plants that volunteered themselves in my garden from last spring!! I went out to plant a few veggies, when I discovered these yummy little guys! I can't wait to see how they produce in a few months from now! Tomato sandwiches on home baked wheat bread defines a bit of summer for us in our home! I still need to add few other plants, and hope to do so sometime this week.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! It has been a bit difficult here in the U.S. My heart and every prayer lifted on behalf of the dear folks in Boston.


You will probably have lots and lots. Volunteers usually do great!
ReplyDeleteI love Sarah's book. I'm working on the cover quilt. There's nothing like a fresh tomato!
ReplyDeleteShocked about the tomato plants. Completely shocked. I've had a few volunteers over the years but never tomato.
ReplyDeleteHi Trish!
ReplyDeleteLucky you to have a bonus 15 plants!
I think tomatoes = summer too:)
I always add a few slices of cucumbers from my garden to our tomato sandwiches:)
Wow! that's a lot of volunteers! You should have all the tomatoes you need and then some:>) What a dear Woody is, that book looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun early birthday present!! Oh, and what fun and tasty will all those tomatoes be!! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteThose are nice surprises! Have you ever had caprese salad? That's a great use for tomatoes :). Hopefully the country can begin to heal, now that the perpetrators have been killed/caught...
ReplyDeleteSeriously - two of my favorite things in the entire world - quilting & tomatoes. i'm super jealous...lucky girl!
ReplyDeletewell, happy early birthday to YOU! :) My hubby wanted to do a garden this year and he started tomato plants from seed....you're supposed to thin them out when they come up but he couldn't bear to throw any seedlings away....so, he's got 73 baby tomato plants...oy vey!
ReplyDelete