March 4, 2013

raspberry.

When making up my mind on what color the backing would be for the scattered quilt I recently finished, I kept leaning toward this raspberry tone.  So raspberry it is!  I washed and dried the backing, twice, for fear of it bleeding in later washes. 
Now to lay out and pin it all together.  That way I can do the hand quilting in the evenings.  My finger is still a bit sensitive, so it may take a little longer than usual.  

I hope you have a fabulous week.  xo

17 comments:

  1. So pretty! It will be a beautiful quilt when all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice. Looking forward to the REVEAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice! I love that rspberry rose toile, and the more I see this pattern the more I love it:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your hand quilting! I am a fan of hand quilting but I have never tried it. I think that I am going to make a samll project and try out your hand quilting tutorial.
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Trish! Can't wait to see it finished! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that raspberry color. I just bought a purse that color today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be so pretty. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics and colors you use...SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the clean white next to the random(seemingly) printed triangles. What an artistic finished product it makes. I love this. Be careful with your injury!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you chose. It is sparkling clean looking and wouldn't brighten up any drab room. Just beautiful. Makes me want to get into my stash, but only after finishing the things I have half done. We use to have a P.H.D. (projects half done) night with my quilting group. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I just love your idea of the extra spacers with the HST's! Beautiful quilt Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I just love your idea of the extra spacers with the HST's! Beautiful quilt Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4 yrs later and it is still darling to the me & the blogging world! Still quilting? Hope so, I really like what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bought the book just for this pattern in order to make a version for my niece to take to school. She chose the colours (loosely speaking) and I chose the fabrics from my stash. Turned out really well if I say so myself and she seemed to love it. Then I made another one for a friend’s birthday in blues. Also worked out pretty well. If I could figure out to attach photos, I would, but I can’t! It’s so fresh and modern - really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I really love this quilt. Do you have a pattern for it? It just POPS!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.