(one of my scrappy trip around the world blocks)
I will be spending most of this long (government holiday on Monday) weekend checking off a couple goals for 2013. Starting with bleaching the exterior of our house, prepping for power washing. It is a bit chilly, but clear skies. I really can't do any exterior painting until the weather warms, so some of my goals are on hold until then.
I could not post with out a little quilting shot, so I included one of my scrappy trip around blocks. I have twelve in all. I can't wait to get them all together and show you! Not to mention it would be a much warmer project to finish over the weekend. Wish me luck!


I am loving all these trip around the world quilts in blogland at the moment, yours looks great.
ReplyDeleteYou should see my list, I don't even want to look too closely at it erm!!!!!!
Have a lovely weekend Trish
Lol Karen x
Echo Karen (above). I've been seeing these scrap blocks all over and love them! I've never done anything quite like that but am giving it quite a bit of thought. Will wait anxiously to see your project when it comes together....looks great so far!!!
ReplyDeleteBrrrrrrr!!!! Are you sure you wouldn't rather be working on your trippy quilt? Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAfter about a week of saying i wasnt going to make one i gave in to the scrappy trip. I am about 25 blocks in. They are so fun. Not sure how many I'll make. I dont think its made a dent in my scraps though. How is that? Does the basket fluff up?
ReplyDeleteLove your Seaside block! You can come power wash & paint my house too if you'd like! :) Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThere is no way outside chores are getting done here today. 0 degrees this morning. I'm going to work on some blocks that I've got going and stay warm inside. :)
ReplyDeleteHey I see some of the same goals on my list as on yours. Painting is high on the list around here. Blessings!!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you on board with the scrappy trip. I started one (and stopped) months ago before it was the THING to do! Now I wish I had started mine in more fun colors, instead of using up old scraps I don't like as much.
ReplyDeleteWow! I love love love your colors in the scrappy trip block! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!
ReplyDeleteHefty projects! I just started cutting for my scrappy Trip blocks. That's all I want to do! I'm using some bright, fun colors in order to get through a cold winter. xxoo
ReplyDeleteI hope you got something done before hurting your finger. That is one very hefty to do list!
ReplyDeleteYeah for scrappy trips along! I'm doing one too and am finding it rather fun!
ReplyDelete