December 12, 2012

touches of Christmas.

Mr. Winter seems to have found his way to these parts.  I hope his visit will not be short.  It seems strange to wear flip flops and listen to Christmas music at the same time.
I have been sewing non-stop.  Truth be told, I can't show you what it is.  Just yet.  
I can however share a couple of treats that are making their way around our home.  Remember when I asked you all for input on the one word that reminds you of Christmas?  "Peace" won, however, if I had more length to the boards I would have also chose Emmanuel - one of my very favorite Christmas words.
Mr. Rabbit, who sits on our porch, greeting visitors, received a little bow for Christmas.
And a few scraps of wool yarn became a new ornament for our tree.  I fell in love with Debbie and Becky's Christmas trees!  I wish mine looked just like theirs!  Everything they make is adorable!!

16 comments:

  1. Mr Rabbit is too cute and looking dapper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mr. Bunny!! Red Polka Dot ribbon makes everything cute!! Love your ornament!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ornament Trish...so sweet!
    Everything looks so Christmas cozy at your house:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Peace. Isn't that all what we crave deep inside? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Peace. Isn't that what we all crave deep inside? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea to make the crochet ornament. I love the mini pine cones hanging near by. We have not added ornaments just yet as we are liking just the white lights on the tree. This may be the simplest Christmas tree decorating ever for us.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sweet Christmassy post, Trish! The bunny with his bow looks so welcoming. Love your pretty quilt and sweet ornament...and the peace sign too.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRETTY POST!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and I love the word you choose!! The bunny is too cute!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post! Such Christmas inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ALl that is missing is milk and cookies...be right over...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute ornament! Now I have to go check out those trees:>) Have a great week Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peace and joy.....Christmas blessings to you......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is lovely! I so love the crocheted tree ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so pretty! I pinned a tree skirt made out of granny squares today. I just love crochet. Need to work on my skills. Hope everything is well, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peace is such a wonderful Christmas message. Expecially this Christmas.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.