This Christmas is defined by one word : simple.
And I could not be happier. So few ornaments came out of the boxes, and even fewer decorations. That is one reason why I won't be showing you my Christmas tree in it's entirety. ha ha ha.
The Christmas shopping was limited to online purchases, free shipping, great sales, just the right gifts for those we love. Why haven't I done this more in the past?!
Of course, I am still finishing up the homemade gifts (crochet pincushions, quilts, pillows, etc) and I am truly enjoying every moment of it.
On the sewing front, I took a few minutes yesterday to play a little catch up on my row along quilt, hosted by Lori. These mittens were so fun to make! I am finding that, the larger pieces of fabric I originally pulled are not needing to be cut into as much, I am able to use more "scraps", which is awesome. I would rather make use of my snippets of favorite fabrics and save my larger pieces for larger projects.
By the way, have you seen Lori's newest fabric line coming out this May??
I about died! So stinking cute!
I would love to decorate my kitchen using it! I am thinking table topper, valance, aprons (I desperately need to learn how to sew aprons!), etc.
Ya. I'm smitten!
Have a wonderful weekend.
xoxo









Love your mittens! Aprons are so much fun to make...wouldn't Lori's new line be perfect for aprons, potholders...everything for the kitchen!
ReplyDeleteAdorable mittens ; ) I have simplified too. It feels good.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
It has been a super simple Christmas for us too, more out od necessity than anything else. Working full time and Lauren's Dec 1 wedding set me w-a-a-a-ay back, there just wasn't time for much. It's all good though. Next year I'll be better prepared. Lori's new line? I Know! I absolutely love it, she's so brilliant with her designs. Aprons are easy peasy, if you can sew quilts, you can surely sew aprons:)
ReplyDeleteThe mittens are marvelous! The kitchen line has really got me thinking, too! "Simplify" is in place here, also. Didn't even put out the tree this year. Just filled our bay window with lots of angels (Christmas and not) and some "Old World" Santas. The small manger scene has the place of honor on the kitchen table (where we do our morning devotions each day....lovely!). Christmas Blessings and His Peace to you...hugs, Doreen
ReplyDeleteI know, don't you just love Lori's new fabric line? And nice job on the mittens! Love your fabric choices.
ReplyDeleteFunny, we went with the 'simple' theme as well, even getting rid of a large portion of ornaments that aren't really 'us' anymore. We chose red and white as our color theme (yea, we're one of those families), used some greenery, some IKEA decorations, and that is that. It's nice and serene, and there won't be near as much to put away come end of season.
ReplyDeleteFun mittens!
Trish love your mittens. Lori's fabric is so cute I may have to look into getting some of that.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
You know I've kept it quite easy & simple also this year.......no stress or headaches, its great :).
ReplyDeleteLove the mittens, really wish I'd done this row along, every row has been so cute & oh is that the sweetest fabric, i love sweet fabrics.
Have the most wonderful christmas Trish
Lots of love Karen x
Love your decorations, Trish! The mittens are so pretty, what a charming quilt they will make. I loved seeing the new fabric from Lori...I can already visualise projects made from it :)
ReplyDeleteWishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas.
Helen x