December 19, 2012

snippets.

Before the day sneaks away from me, I thought I would drop in and show a few things I am working on.  Katie's quilt is being bound, then washed to bring out that crinkly goodness, wrapped and placed under the tree.  I can hardly wait for her to open it!  Kathy did such an awesome job quilting it!!  I just love those swirly flowers.  Super cute!!
Another quilt receiving it's binding is for a young married couple, in our family, who are celebrating their first Christmas this year!  I love Kathy's over all design.  It is absolutely perfect!!  Simple and sweet!  Thanks a million Kathy, for loving my quilts as much as I do!!  Your quilting is fabulous!
January is my month to mail out fabrics for my bee blocks.  I am so excited!!  I pulled fabrics the other day!
In addition to sewing around here, I have two crochet projects I am finishing up (will post when they are done), and a grocery shopping list that needs tweaking.  Our home is the meeting place at Christmas.  I absolutely love it!  The house is full of my husband's family.  Lots of talking, eating, and laughing!   I am a couple thousand miles away from my own family, who I am praying I will be able to see in the new year.
I hope you are having 
a fabulous week. 
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Ahhh - beautiful quilts...and on their way to being finished - even more beautiful! Thank you for the compliments - I do love your quilts as much as you do! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts...and I love your Bee block fabrics...can't wait to see the design for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the fabrics you pulled! And the quilts are beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Trish
    Kathy's quilting is fabulous, but it takes your well planned fabric combinations to begin with to make a beautiful quilt.
    You never fail in that department!
    I don't always comment, but I often drop over just to gaze at your lovely creations!
    Have a very, Merry Christmas-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts are so pretty Trish! They will be very loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie is going to love her quilt - its beautiful!
    The other quilt is lovely too, and all those little piles of fabric is making me wish I could just start a new quilt right now instead of preparing for Christmas!
    Have a lovely Christmas Trish
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are beautiful. I really love the blue and green fabric on the second quilt shown. Do you mind sharing what it is called? I'm happy to have just found and join your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love these and so will the recipients! I can't believe Christmas is just next week:>}

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bee block fabric looks so fun. Waiting to see what block we can make for you :)
    Have a wonderful Christmas with family around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilts are so gorgeous! I've been wondering what the quilting looked like! I love your cuckoo clock ornament. It reminds me of the clock in my parents' house. :)

    Have a very merry Christmas Trish! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet quilts, Trish! Your colour and pattern choices are so pretty, and the quilting is gorgeous! I love that adorable cuckoo clock ornament :)
    Wishing you a fabulous week too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilts Trish, the quilting is superb too, especially the swirly flowers! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trish your quilts are just beautiful. What lucky people to receive such treasures. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilts are lovely. Every single one. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Trish. Our home is the gathering place this year as well.
    I have a lot of tweaking to do! :)
    Hugs and love,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Your quilts are beautiful and will be very loved!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.