I have spent the better part of 2012 making the statement, "I've never done this before ..." Funny thing, every time I turn around, I find myself saying it again and again.
I am one of those who "plays it safe". I stick to what I know, keep it simple, "color in the lines".
However, 2012 has presented a number of situations that have pushed me out of the nest, as it were. And as scary as a few of those have been, boy have I learned a lot!
Each year the Lord gives me a word. It is a personal and intimate word, just between He and I. This year the word came in the form of a statement, "be confident, be in control." My first thought was, "OK?! What does that mean?" Well it didn't take long before the events began coming my way. Between a more serious (and terrifying) event of caring for my husband while he went through three major back surgeries for spinal cord injury, in a matter of three months, to a lighter and more fun event of creating my very first pdf quilt pattern to be sold (quilt is enroute to the quilter now). Stretch grow learn .... stretch grow learn ... repeat.
What about you. Taking inventory on 2012, what have you learned? What events have occurred that have stretched you? How have you grown from them?
"take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls" Mt. 11:29

How wonderful, I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Steps are always good, even if we are a little reluctant, they prove to be good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful post. Isn't He wonderful? Congratulations on your first Pdf pattern. : )
ReplyDeleteYAY Trish!! How exciting for you AND for us! Can't wait to see your pattern!
ReplyDeletexoxo Debbie
Oh, so excited for your quilt pattern! I am sure it will be beautiful! Can't wait! Happy Tuesday! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome, wonderful post! Very exciting!
ReplyDeleteThis was a refreshing post! I'm so happy things are going well..and looking forward to seeing your pattern!
ReplyDeleteEleanor Roosevelt said "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." I think you proved her point this year!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your quilt pattern!
Lynne
Great post! Hope hubby is doing better, being a caregiver is a really hard position to be in. What I have learned this year...you can't be everything to everybody and I grew garlic for the first time.Ha
ReplyDeleteI love your inspiration in this post - thank you for the reminder that HE is watchful over us. Hope your husband is doing well - he is in good hands! Can't wait to see the finished quilt...hehehe...
ReplyDeleteYay! Oh I'm SO happy for your and how you're 'growing' so! :) ♥
ReplyDelete