March 20, 2012

scripture reading.

Our family has been in Ephesians for our scripture reading, and as Woody put it the other day, "The book of Ephesians is a lot like a slice of rich chocolate cake, you take a bite with a glass of milk and savor it."  I could not have said that better!
What are you reading today?  Do you have a book in the Bible that you hold extra dear to your heart?  When asked what my favorite scripture is, I can never answer.  I have so many favorites and since every typed letter is inspired by God, I can't choose just one.  Knowing that He has blessed us with His written word only increases my desire to read it all!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the book of Ephesians and read it constantly! Like you ~ I love it all!
    Be blessed,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians has many promises I've put into my heart and into practice.
    Phil.4:4, 4:13 Psalms is second, but all are God's words, and all are true~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ephesians, too. Right now I am in James and it so full of life, enriching lessons. I am so thankful for the blessing of scripture to see the hand of God in every aspect of life. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always inspired by the idea of taking all the anger and hate inside me (not that I'm dripping in it) and throwing it out. I can only try, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot choose a favorite, it seems that no matter where I am reading it is exactly what I need right then:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish what a beautiful post, you know I think my favorite part of the bible would have to be the sermon on the mount in Matthew's gospel, especially the beattitudes, a true blessing, oh yes!!!!!
    But I think because the word is so alive every bit feeds me, praise God.
    Thank you for posting this, I'm double blessed as I'm sitting here listening to the gaither vocal band in concert, they never fail to lift my spirit.
    Its so wonderful to belong to the family of Jesus. Bless you dear sister
    Karen xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trish! It is so hard to choose a favorite! Right now I am following Ann Voskamp's Easter Devotional, Trail to the Tree! It's great! Here is the link!
    http://www.aholyexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TrailtotheTree1.pdf

    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. my 'favorite' verse is always changing - it is whichever the Lord is using most in my life at the moment :) although, I am frequently drawn to Proverbs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.