March 21, 2012

good bye pinterest.

After reading a number of blog posts regarding the copy right infringements that have been taking place on pinterest, I have decided it would be best if I no longer participated.  The very last thing I would ever want to do is pin or repin someone's hard work with out permission.  Until I have a better understanding at just how to manage a pinterest board with integrity, I will be walking away.

For those of you who I was following or you were following me, it was a lot of fun, thanks for signing on to my board.  

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I am really glad people are taking a hard look at pinterest. It's not the copyright that worries me so much as the feeling that this is just another area for women to compare themselves to other women and come up short. Our value as people doesn't rest in our design sense, how clean our bathroom is, or how cute our front door wreath is. Yes, I have thought long and hard about this as you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the Pinterest situation, as well. The owners at Pinterest seem to be listening and wrote this email to a concerned person...

    http://craftyrie.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinterest.html

    Scroll down to comment number 11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! me too!
    Some things one can live without!
    Hope you+family doing well!
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep reading this and it bothers me because I probably should do the same thing but I don't want to. If I could make my pinterest private, I would. I think I'll remove the pinterest link from my blog as a first step. I totally understand. I have so many things pinned that I want to make, like tutorials. I guess before I take mine down I need to secure the links in some personal form. Sheesh. Who knew it would happen like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is another site that you can pin private boards called Clipix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! I have an account, but rarely get over to use it! I will have to look into all of this! Thanks again! :) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Trish...I have avoided Pinterest for the same reason...It seems very odd that other people's photographs can be passed around without the permission of the owner..I know that some of mine are on there and I don't even have an account,
    Hope you have a good weekend and the sun shines for you,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinterest. I do have an account but I never got into it. Pinned a few items and that was it... I just felt that this virtual world is taking to much time from real life as it is and jumping in to pInterest world actually makes me scared that I would get addicted to it and spend hours on end oooohhing and aaaaahhhhing over dreamy pictures. I somehow agree with The Tulip Patch as I sometimes feel that the blog world is close to being the same... It is like a stage that shows all the good bits but no one sees what is behind the curtains... I guess no one are interested in what is going on behind the scene but it can get to much at times. REal life is so different. We are sellers in blogland, selling our absolutely best corners and skipping the flaws. It can be really stressful at times when you sit there and wonder "Is it this pretty at everybody home? Why not in mine?". after all, when things go bad it doesn't matter if we have a interior magazine home or not. What matters is that we have loved ones around - all the materialistic stuff can just go. When I knock on heavens door it doesn't matter if I wear Prada or second hand- does it? Well, guess this topic did push a button in me even though I am not so tuned in. :D I think I will delete my account as well. Have a lovely day. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.