February 27, 2012

one and two.

When Woody was first admitted to the hospital, I grabbed my cotton yarn and began crocheting a granny stripe blanket.  I did not want to leave his side, and so hooked along while he slept.  
He fondly calls this our "lemonade blanket" because we are making lemonade out of lemons.
Little did we know that in four weeks, Woody would find himself back in the hospital for another extensive surgery.  Scary days lie in our wake.
The first surgery was frightening, to say the least.  But our hearts overflowed with a peace that we can attest came directly from our Heavenly Father.  
The next surgery however, terrified me.  Still, no doubt of His love and care for Woody, it just somehow seemed so much darker this time around.
Truly, God's faithfulness has abounded and we are looking at some very hopeful outcomes.
This time around, a new granny stripe blanket is coming to be.  This one is our "lemonade blanket two point oh".  I am only using three colors.  As much as I wanted to use natural fibers, I had to make due with what was local, and this is actually very soft yarn, though it is acrylic.  It is smooth and warm to lay across my lap and hook away.
  I sure hope your week is off
to a wonderful start.
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Trish
    So glad Woody's surgery went well.
    I'm still praying every day, so keep us posted. We do care!!!
    How fortunate you have your crocheting to do with all the long
    hours spent in hospital. Your blankets are working up beautifully
    Blessings-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blankets ,the colours are so lovely ,much love for you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern of the first- looks like Ric Rac.

    Will continue to keep you and woody and my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad he is doing better! Will continue to keep him in my prayers.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for complete healing and restoration.
    You have also motivated me to do some crocheting again.....I have been on the knitting band wagon lately.
    May your week be filled with God's peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blankets are beautiful! I did the same thing when Scott had his major surgery for pancreatic cancer back in September. I never left his side during the 6 day hospital stay. I knitted away the hours, trying to stockpile baby hats for the local boutique that sells my work. I couldn't keep the nurses out of them and came home with only 2 for downtown! Lemonaide out of lemons....
    Blessings to you both,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are feeling hopeful. I love that first lemonade blanket. You always pick the best colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad hear that,Trish :o) I`ll tell to kids tomorrow. Praying for Woody and you.
    Blankets are perfect!
    Take care
    Natasha & kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish,
    It is amazing how much our hobbies can provide comfort during really terrible times. I am glad to hear a positive note regarding your husband's recovery! Lots of hugs and good wishes!! xoxo Debbie

    Oh...and I LOVE the lemonade blankets!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your positive and faith-filled attitude, keeping your hands busy and your heart tuned into God. I'm glad your husband's surgery went well. Wishing you both every blessing. Love, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. both blankets are just lovely! What a blessing it is to have something creative to do with your hands while spending so much time in the hospital. Hope all turns out well.

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post today!
    Thankfully we have our needlework!
    Praying for you both and hoping so that the worst is behind you!


    msstitcher1213@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Remembering you and yours in thought and prayer. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. xoxoxo! they are both lovely! keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is amazing how you learn to care for someone who you have only met through her blog! I am grateful that your husband made it through and that you have felt the love and peace of our Heavenly Father. May you now experience the miracle of His great healing power. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blankets are beautiful Trish. Thank goodness for crochet therapy! Glad to hear your husband is on the mend. Hope you are holding up as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.