I took Amanda's class on making mini quilts. That girl is so creative!! And super fun! I think all of us left out of her room determined to make mini quilts! I know I sure am!! :o) What a fun way to show off those tiny scraps of fabric that you love and are unwilling to part with, not to mention, I would love to learn different embroidery stitches and would be fun to do it on a much smaller scale.
My mini is actually from a little while back. I think I even blogged about it. But since it is intended as a Christmas present, it was tucked away for wrapping and mailing.
It was so much fun to pull it out of it's little box and look at each fabric (my friend loves Mary Engelbriet as much as I do) and to play with some photo taking.
Each half square block measures 2" finished. It was finicky to sew together, but I love how it all turned out. I was able to do a little hand quilting and can hardly wait to pop it in the mail!

Be sure and drop by Amy's place to see all the other contributions.





It's adorable Trish! You know I love the colors and fabrics. These would make cute wall hangings or table toppers!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! The colors are wonderful, and the size is just so dang cute!!
ReplyDeleteTrish
ReplyDeleteAnother sweet quilt! You have such a knack picking the fabrics and
patterns for your lovelies.
Blessings-Kimberly
OH I love the idea of mini quilts - I need to make myself do some of these so maybe my regular quilts won't get so big. I have a problem that all my quilts seem to grow and grow and grow - gotta think smaller- LOL!
ReplyDeleteYour mini is a cutie patootie.
ReplyDeleteI'm just sayin'.
I am an ME fan too. Love her fabrics, (even have a stash of it..) and that little quilt is so cute!
ReplyDeleteoh trish! i love it. it is such a sweet little gift. i bet your friend loves it.
ReplyDeleteOh boy, that is a great mini quilt. Fingers crossed that you win a prize!
ReplyDeleteI have got to go to Sewing Summit next year... you are having too much fun!!!
Oh I love it!! So cheerful and happy. You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteTrish, you are GREAT and your mini is beautiful! Supercute! Like how you play with the colors :o)
ReplyDeleteHave a sweet, warm, fun and colorful weekend
Warm hugs from cold Russia
Natasha
Ooh my! Right now saw your etsy-shop, Trish! Add it to my favorite :o) Love all items
ReplyDeleteWith love from Russia
Natasha
oh cute! i just love all the sweet pieces of fabric you included. great job!
ReplyDeleteTRISH!! I Love it! M.E. makes the cutest stuff. I have a quilt my mom gave me - remind me to send you the link.
ReplyDeleteGreat job - you take really nice photos - i love all of your white furniture. :)
Super cute and all the hand stitching is so much fun! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great mini! Whoever gets it for Christmas is going to love it.
ReplyDeleteSuper mini! A little Mary E. makes for a very cozy quilt. Someone will be very happy this Christmas!
ReplyDeletevery, very cute mini!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute - I love the warm and inviting colors!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I love the colors! I should hand-quilt a mini quilt sometime ... thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors on this mini! I guess I am a closet Engelbriet fan myself. :) I also love those clips you have to hang it with! Where did you find those?
ReplyDeleteAdorable! :)
ReplyDeleteHi! I love your mini! All the fabrics, squares and triangels are so great and that binding with stripes just so cute!
ReplyDeletex Teje
It's such a sweet mini! I'm actually cutting into some fabrics this week for some HSTs. I just love them!
ReplyDeletelovely! how patient of you to work with those tiny little squares! your friend will love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is just beautiful! What a wonderful gift!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is gorgeous. Love the colors. It is going to make a sweet gift.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Trish, it's just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful - love all of the colours in your mini quilt!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exquisite little quilt! I love mini quilts too, and you have made such a charming one here.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
I love your mini! Wonderful colors, they look so sweet and happy together. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteI love the vintagy fabrics. A very sweet little mini quilt!
ReplyDeletePretty mini! I really like the striped binding. The recipient of this is going to love it.
ReplyDelete