Don't you just hate it when you make a mistake while creating a quilt? Ya. Me too.
I did the math. Wrote it all out. Cut all my white and red squares that I am going to use between the beloved fabric you all sent.
(and I adore by the way!)
And was feeling pretty darn productive ... that is until

I realized, the seventy two white 5" squares that I cut and sewn to the one hundred forty four 2.5" red polka dot squares ... was suppose to be 4.5". Not 5"!
grumble. grumble. grumble.
(this is where I am just going to make some lemonade out of lemons - will cut 72 more white squares, only this time ... they will be 4.5" rather than 5" and I will also cut 144 more 2.5" red polka dot squares ... and will tuck this stack aside until I come up with a solution for it)
Alright!
So who's up for round two??!!
my motto




Oh this math issue seems to be pervasive (check out my blog) I am working on a quilt and I have check, and rechecked and counted and recounted and made my notes and for at least the 3rd time I am still short the number of squares I need - arghh! I should have paid closer attention in kindergarten.
ReplyDeleteLove your fabrics - so happy!
oh I am so sorry. I love that you are making the best of the situation!!!! It will be beautiful
ReplyDeleteI love it too, how you are being such a good sport about the goof-up. Sometimes great things come out of having to rework a project. xo
ReplyDeleteBummer! I hate that. I do have to tell you, I would have just used the darn things! Well glad it's working out now :)
ReplyDelete-Julia
Blue-J Cottage
Booo!! But i'm sure it's still going to look great. :) xoxo
ReplyDeletei've been there. multiple (no pun intended) times.
ReplyDeleteoh no! i have done that before and it is soooo discouraging! i love that red dot though trish! it is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTrish i admire your patience, i think i would have had a meltdown!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAm so looking forward to this lovely quilt of yours, its gonna be such a treasure
Karen Xx
Oh no Trish! I bet that was a heart sinker when you realized what had happened. Drat! I know you....you will use those little "mistakes" and make something fabulous out of them. Can't wait to see what you come up with dear.
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
I love the red polka dot, but I would change plans and stick to the 5inch blocks (the bigger, the better!) I admire your patience and strength of will!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's terrible. But I am sure you will be able to create another pattern that it will work for. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteOh no Trish...That's not good, but I like your lemonade out of lemons attitude :-) I'm sure you'll firgure out what to do. Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Kisses,
♥Ana
I've been really enjoying all the pretty fabrics I am seeing on your blog lately, Trish. And the quilt you entered in the bloggers quilt festival is awesome. Love your attitude toward your math issue.
ReplyDeleteThis seems like something I would do IF I sewed! Hope the day was good anyway!
ReplyDeleteoh...so sorry trish! i hate when i do that. i would have done the same thing and just adjusted my plan instead of starting over :) your blocks look pretty though. i love the red polka dots!
ReplyDeleteamber
Darn it, math seems to intrude on everythng we do! you're a trooper to start over, I am sure I might have entertained cutting the squares down So far I have avoided the whole math issue by boldly and recklessly deciding on a block size and forging ahead come what may. I am one of those heretics who embraces imperfection if it means getting the job done and my quilts may not be perfect but I cut myself all kinds of slack or I would never attemp quilting at all. My guess is you will have your new blocks cut and sewn before anyone can say Jack Robinson, and they will be perfect. You always leave me in awe of your skills:>)
ReplyDeleteI got nothing for you...math is definitely not one of my strengths. I know I would be in tears so it's best to just put it aside. I know you'll come up with a great solution. It looks pretty so far. Patty
ReplyDeleteHello Trish! Just want to tell you that I like your blog and all yuor handmade items! So cute, so colorful =)
ReplyDeleteHugs from Russia
Natasha
Already follow your blog =)
ReplyDeleteOoh Trish! I can't wait to see the final result! :)
ReplyDeleteAll lovely fabrics indeed.
ouch! at least you have enough extra fabric to make it work? I'm sure you can come up with a different project for it down the road :)
ReplyDelete