{art work by Robert Duncan}
"I enjoy doing housework, ironing, washing, cooking, dishwashing. Whenever I get one of those questionaires and they ask what is your profession, I always put down housewife. It's an admirable profession, why apologize for it. You aren't stupid because you're a housewife. When you're stirring the jam you can read Shakespeare." -Tasha Tudor

Excellent!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this!
ReplyDeleteMe Too!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous! She was an amazing lady and I am still a big fan.
ReplyDeleteI have loved Tasha since I was a child and read her illustrated Secret Garden. I saved and own a few of her signed pieces too. LUCKY ME!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen! Love that quote, and all the beautiful women who blog from home are a testament to how creative, intelligent and kind housewives can be:>)
ReplyDeleteTasha Tudor really understood the important things in life, and made them a part of hers! She is such a role model to all of us!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteBeing a housewife is one of the most important jobs a woman can have. *In my opinion*
We keep family and home life *centered*!
'AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteI tried to email my address to you but the email was returned, I think I have the wrong address.
Will you email it to me @ LjJellybean71@aol.com
~ I can't wait to sport my new bracelet! : )
Sweet & i love Shakespeare, your giant quilt in the previous post is amazing, beautiful, gorgeous......
ReplyDeleteLots of love Karen x
what a great quote
ReplyDeleteWhat an absoulutely wonderful quote! Thanks for sharing. :-)
ReplyDelete