July 5, 2011

seeing stars quilt.

When I saw Allison's tutorial for her July stars, 
I just had to give it a try.  
I quite literally used almost all my 
blue and red fabrics.  
 Not even enough remains to make another row! 
I absolutely love how it turned out and 
can hardly wait to order some batting 
and get the backing on to it!!
 Thank you so much Allison for taking the time to share such a great tutorial with us! 

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I am actually considering making my first quilt... I'm a little scared to take the plunge, but know I need to just get in there and try it. Any suggestions on a good first project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of scraps. It turned out fantastic. The colors will fit in your home perfectly. You always inspire me to use up those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth can I love each quilt you do more than the last?! And how do you get these done so fast? I must be some kind of slowpoke with my sewing.
    This is so beautiful Trish! How big is it? Where will you use it?What will you use for the backing? Why can't we be neighbors so I can admire your work over coffee:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey, I just noticed that red and white stripe (love it in this quilt!) is that some I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very similar to the Charming Stars quilt from the Moda Bakeshop! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Trish, this is wonderful!! I love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful!!! I love your choice of fabrics and placement of them. Don't you just love using up fabric? It helps to justify the next purchase for sure. Can't wait to see what you'll do next, maybe with the new fabric that I'm jealous over?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so incredible! The red, white and blue was so perfect with the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love love!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. I'm working up the courage to make a starts quilt. I'll have to look at that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 05, 2011

    Trish,

    That is an incredibly beautiful quilt!

    You do such a good job. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt! You can never go wrong with such a classic combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow....I love stars and your quilt is amazing, will have to check out that tutorial, thanks for sharing

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Trish, that is a lot of red, white and blue. Are you going to hand quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trish what a beautiful quilt. Love the fabrics you used.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey that is a stunner. I love stars and these ones in particular. I am yet to make them as they look tricky but I will tackle them soon as possible.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! That is gorgeous! I'm itching to do that one, too, but have to put it on a back burner for a while. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy quilt Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...my sweet friend....this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Your talent amazes me! xo Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow.. what a beautiful quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my that is so beautiful! i have got to do one of these too. my list of quilts to make is getting a bit outrageous! and instead of sewing i am blog hopping. i will never get anything done at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so pretty!!!!! I love your color combo...thanks for sharing it with me! -Al

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.