March 28, 2011

birthday sewing

This past weekend I worked on a birthday table runner for a friend who loves Mary Engelbreit like I do, using the Moda Bake Shop tutorial found here.

13 comments:

  1. That is going to be such a great gift.

    It turned out to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your friend will just love it. Mary Engelbright fabric is so happy and bright, it just makes you feel good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Mary Engelbreit is a big love of mine. You can see some in my quilt teaser! This is SOOOOOOO cute! Wow, could I add any more exclamation points?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend will absolutely love it! It turned out beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am another one who loves Mary Englebright. Very cute and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!
    I have a question for you since you do quite a bit of hand quilting....
    Have you ever spray basted for hand quilting? if not, do you know anything about it? Hand quilting is rather new to me and from what I've read and seen, typically you either pin baste or do basting stitches. Do you know what the reason is for not spray basting?
    I recently finished a baby quilt, spray basted it and then afterward decided not to machine quilt it but to hand quilt it. So that's what I'm doing. I haven't run into any problems yet so I'm just curious....Thanks for any info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO ADORABLE Trish. Your friend will love it:>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very pretty birthdaypiece! She is very lucky...
    Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift! Heleen and I are ME fans too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Mary Mary....how do I adore thee????
    Your runner is stinkin cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sweet table runner. What a lucky friend.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Fantastic packages of fun!!! Both for you and the one for your friend. You are much loved, Trish :) I enjoyed Mary E's magazine and was so sorry when it disolved. It was a great combination of fabrics and just fun stuff. Have a great time with all your new fabrics...I will be watching for your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I luv the Elm Creek series! I have read them all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.