June 25, 2010

my Friday pretty

I know it is not fine china or sterling silver ... but fresh tomatoes
from the garden are worth more than gold to us!
We are off to a real slow start on tomatoes from the vine.
Woody and I actually split this one in half! Ha!
It was delicious!
Our larger tomatoes are coming along, but still green.
They will make the most delicious tomato sandwiches,
on my home baked wheat bread!

Be sure to drop by I Love Pretty Little Things,
where Joyce hosts Friday Pretties, every Friday.

10 comments:

  1. Now that is a pretty sight to see...I adore baby tomatoes..I love the smell of them!!! So reminds me of SUMMER and my childhood. Hugs for a great weekend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as pretty as find china or sterling silver!

    It is so funny that you split that tiny tomato! That's true love!

    Thanks for playing!!!!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like the taste of fresh tomatoes!!!

    I host a weekly meme called "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU! Hope you'll come and join us. Maybe you could link your post about your tomatoes?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Fresh garden tomatoes! Yum!
    We planted some large tomatoes and they are slowly coming along. I can't wait! Nothin' like fresh garden tomatoes! I just hope they taste like the ones my grandpa grew! Oh so........ red,sweet,yummy,delicious!
    Smile to you!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! You are a few weeks ahead of us, I'm not even sure we have many baby tomatoes on the vine yet, but we got them in late:>(
    You know the song, "Only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes.":>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fresh home-grown tomato is heaven. Mine are still tiny! I can't wait...

    Have a lovely weekend!
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Trish! It certainly is the best kind of pretty:) Hope you have the loveliest weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trisha, just catching up on your blog and you. We send love and hugs from the plains...oh and our baby daughter was born the day before your birthday this year. :)
    Hugs to all,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have such a hard time with tomatoes! They start out looking great, and then the leaves get brown and they gradually get worse from there. Then the tomatoes either split (I know they need consistant water, and we try, but it's close to 100° every day!) and issued with bugs (and we use Seven!)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the loveliest things of all come
    straight from His beautiful
    bounty.

    you made me smile to imagine
    halving that sweet, little cherry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.