June 26, 2010

Do you like Pesto?

I found this easy recipe on As Time Goes By and let me tell you ... it is delicious! The scent of fresh basil mixed with minced garlic and olive oil ... mmmmm!

fresh basil pesto recipe

2 c. fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c. pine nuts or walnuts
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

1. combine basil and nuts, pulse a few times. add garlic, pulse a few times more.
2. slowly add oil, then cheese.

makes 1 cup

4 comments:

  1. i love pesto so much. thanks for the
    great recipe.

    i love my bracelets, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pesto....I tried making garlic scape pesto this year. It doesn't make much, but is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so strange, I love basil but I am not a big fan of pesto. Maybe I just have to try the right stuff!!!!
    My husband likes pesto.. I'll give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pesto too! I grow a big pot every summer. I love having the taste of summer in winter so I freeze some. Thank you so much for offering another bracelet, but I just adore the one I have and cannot ask for another. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.