June 21, 2010

it is drying as I type

I love chalk boards and have been wanting one of my own for.ever!

Sara at It's Good To Be Queen has a *huge* one hanging in her dining area that I have swooned over since she posted about it. Once I saw it, I knew, that is exactly what I wanted to do. By the way, she has instructions on how to create your very own! Seriously. You need to check it out! I love the title of her post "how I made a chalk board that is as tall as I am"


(photo source : it's good to be queen)

I ended up using a huge frame that I bought at the thrift store for only $5.00! Plus I had enough fiber board to make a smaller chalkboard for my sewing area to do list.

Thank you Sara for your step by step instructions and for allowing me to link back to you.

7 comments:

  1. If I had a spare spot on my wall, I'd do the same thing! But, as my husband says, "there's no room left for anything else!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I have one that I put bible verses on in our kitchen. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one that Earl made me that I want to hang in the dining room. What is it about chalkboards that we love them so? I don't know, but I do. I can't wait to see yours finished and up on the wall::>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Trish! We have a huge one painted on a wall panel in our kitchen and we use it all the time. Hope you have a lovely week ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Trish!!! I am jealous of that big ol' frame. I can't wait to see the finished product. You are going to love it! thanks so much for linking to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.