
I don't have a whole lot of time to read these days, so what chances I do get, I want it to count for something. Of course, my Bible is a regular read, and yesterday I found a short book in our local library, that I am enjoying.
I work part time with 3 elderly clients that I have grown to love and cherish over the past year. When I am in their homes, they open their hearts and pour into my life, years of wisdom and grace. They have taught me so much, from quilting, and how to shuck corn, to looking beyond the current trial, and knowing that "this too shall pass".
Each client is very different from one another and I stand amazed at how the Lord knew just who to knit into my life and when to do it.
I hope that you are having a great Friday!
I work part time with 3 elderly clients that I have grown to love and cherish over the past year. When I am in their homes, they open their hearts and pour into my life, years of wisdom and grace. They have taught me so much, from quilting, and how to shuck corn, to looking beyond the current trial, and knowing that "this too shall pass".
Each client is very different from one another and I stand amazed at how the Lord knew just who to knit into my life and when to do it.
I hope that you are having a great Friday!
I love elderly people. I love to hear their stories, lessons and thoughts.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are blessed by these people, you are so right about how the Lord knows who to knit into your life and when to do it. Enjoy!!!
Have a great weekend
I have always enjoyed older people. I remember when Earl and I were newlyweds we decided to go into the senior citizen Sunday School class at church, what a fuss they made over us! Tickled them half to death that we wanted to be in there and we learned so mch:>)
ReplyDeleteWe can learn a lot from older people if we would stop and take the time to listen to them. The older I get, the more I want to hear. I am so intrigued by the stories of women. I'm so glad the Lord has blessed you this way! Oh, and the book looks good!
ReplyDeleteHi Trish! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You're right... it is amazing how God brings the right people at the right times into our lives. He is so good and knows just how to help us through each step of life! Blessings!
ReplyDelete