May 28, 2010

can i tell you a story


we had a very cold winter

it snowed several times


and my favorite hydrangea died ... way back

i was sure it was a goner


even in the early spring there were no signs of life

convinced that it was gone,
i began planning to dig it up,
and replace it with one that is further out in the yard...

until slowly but surely,
a little green bud here,
a little green leaf there

life!
it made it!
through those cold weeks,
covered in snow on occasion, it pulled through!

God has always used very practical ways to speak to me. He has tugged at my heart in the garden, nearly every time I am out there. And this experience was no exception. He reminded me that even though life has it's storms and the darkness covers so many days at a time, that He resides right by me. The sun still shines, even if I can't see it. He is still on His throne, He still loves, He still cares, and He still protects. None of that changes. He can't change. He is faithful. He is my Rock! He is my shelter ... in and out of the storm.

Each day this week I have walked by my sweet hydrangea that I love. How in the earlier days of spring, I was saddened by it's passing, when if fact, it wasn't going anywhere, it needed the time and space to heal. It needed the nourishment that God gives and slowly it begins to put on a beautiful show.

Those of you who have prayed and sent your sweet notes, have been like angels to me! Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Thank you for taking those moments to send your love and concern. They have helped to carry me through!!

. life is coming forth . green buds are showing . leaves are forming . the sun is peeking through .

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to see this post Trish. I know God has spoken to me in my darkest hour many times through life around me. I am praying that God will hold you in His arms and carry you through this storm.

    Love
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that things are looking up for you. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that you will continue to see the presence of God as you walk through this difficult time. He is so gracious to teach us through His creation. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your encouraging and
    beautiful post. your hydrangeas are
    gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giveaway. I am sorry to say it has already ended and a winner was announced this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My "oldest" hydrangea is doing really well, but the two I planted last year are being munched on by somebody. Yours look great. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!


    heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.