February 24, 2010

nothing too complicated


In keeping with using what I have and finishing old projects this year (rather than taking on new ones) I am cross stitching a pattern that was started way back. I put it down when I began quilting. Three quilts still need binding (two that are currently at the quilter & one that I hand quilted-all on hold since my sewing machine died).

What are you working on?
Are you also finishing up projects this year?

12 comments:

  1. Counted cross stitch embroidery is hard. I still have a piece that I started years ago that isn't finished. I'm not even sure where it is at the moment. Right now I'm working on a beaded/embroidery piece, which I am loving doing. I also crochet and knit.

    Your piece is really sweet.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm with you on finishing up old projects. I just made a bag today with fabric I had gotten a while back. I also found a rug I had partially hooked years ago. I really liked it. Do you crochet at all? Cassie over at yougogirl.typepad.com is starting a pillowcase crochet-a-long next week. She said that it will be easy to learn (I only know single crochet). I think it will be a great way to use up fabric and yarn. Check it out if you get a chance. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many cross stitch projects I started and never finished! I'm working on decluttering, sewing some etsy things and figuring out how I want my dining room decorated now that it's painted! Still waiting on my quilts but the quilter thought she would get to them this week. I hope she does, I can't wait!`

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy...I better get moving on my unfinished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am a huge cross-stitch fan:) I have one lovely sampler to finish from Shepherd's Bush, but I want to make a french monogram lampshade for my daughter's room and then I will do some knitting, as the weather should be starting to get cooler here. I love your cross stitch, I would love to see it when it is finished:) Happy stitching ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cross stitch! I have done lots of those - like you said, before quilting! :o)
    And I love that basket! Hee Hee! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was doing that too--finishing up projects on hand. I fell off the wagon a little--but still I am doing a fairly good job of working with I got. I don't think I could cross stitch anymore--my eyes would cross too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this idea to finish what I've started. Hard to do sometimes! Thanks for coming by today and your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for visiting my blog-it's very nice to meet you :)
    The cross stitch piece you have as a WIP is lovely! Looking forward to seeing it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you have been cross-stitching! It is really pretty! I have never learned to do it, but love the way it looks. :)

    We are almost done with Part Two of our kitchen remodel, and I am finding it hard to motivate myself to just do the last few things! SO...I am working for a while on our living room just for a change of scenery! :)

    I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always feels so good to finish a project.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I needed to read this.
    I have yarn that needs to become an afghan, pictures that need framing- the list goes on and on.
    What a great idea-

    Thanks,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.