August 12, 2014

moving things around.

It's official.  
We are empty nesters. 
With that comes some shifts in our home.
As well as my heart.
 I have been sharing the evolution of my new sewing room on instagram.  Our son's room has incredible lighting and the walls are already painted.  I still may go back over them later down the road but I can live with them as is for now.
The evolution of my momma's heart on the other hand, oy.  Not ready to go there just yet.
I hope you are having a great start to your new week!  Thanks so much for dropping by.  xo

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure being an empty nester would take some getting used to. Enjoy your new creative space.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new space - such a lovely, sunny, sewing room. But I know the heartachy feeling. We still have 1 at home at the moment, which we are very thankful for. Our 'Sonshine' as we like to say. Enjoy your new sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last one leaves the nest this week. I'm right there with you. it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sewing room you've put together...perfect! And yes, it is hard to see them go. Went through that a few years ago now and it was hard...not going to lie. And yet! Now that I've settled in I find this season of my life one of the best yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, we are on the same page in life. Victoria is on her honeymoon and every time I pass her room I can't believe she's not coming back to it! We have decided to make it Earl's home office and I will get the old office for sewing/crafts. I think once we get the rooms transformed it won't be so hard to go in there. Right now it still looks like "her' room.:>(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish! Thank God for craft rooms and blogging. I'm right there with you. I graduated our two daughters from homeschool. Our girls haven't left -- yet but I am preparing myself for the day by focusing on learning new things that I'm interested in...blogging, photography, photoshop, quilting, sewing, etc. My goodness, it's fun being a student instead of a teacher for a change. I do love teaching but figure I can always get that in by sharing a tutorial here and there. I'm going to embrace what Debbie said above..."Now that I've settled in I find this season of my life one of the best yet..." I like that! You're sewing room is beautiful and will bring you such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When our son moved out 7 yrs ago, I cried in his room for a whole yr. He was so close to me all his life. As home schooler even more so , we were together every day until 9th grade. Not even my husband was around as much as our son. I know what you mean. Also it felt like I was letting him go if I turned his room into something else..What if he needs to come back I asked. So its been 7 yrs since he left and he is happy with his wife and 2 girls . The only way him back is all 4 of them come to stay the night in his room.:) its a process Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely room! Nice lighting....you'll love it. It's a new chapter for everyone in your home - you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are creating a beautiful sewing space, one to nurture your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.