June 10, 2014

a little from the heart.

With an 80% chance of rain today, it just seems like the perfect time to catch up on blog reading (I miss you guys!!) and post a little bit here, on my very own.  For those of you who don't know, I am outdoors a lot this time of year.  We live on just shy of 10 acres and for the past couple of years, I have been responsible for it's care.  So, needless to say, not always a lot of sewing happens in the summer, unless I deliberately sneak time aside, which I love.  Alot.  And plan to do so today.  wink.  
I shared this block on instagram recently and even hashtagged it as #followingmyheartquilt.  Which translated to me, it will be the quilt of my dreams, king size, take my time, enjoy the journey, possibly handquilt.  Ya.  That's not going to happen.  The more I looked at it, the more I realized my denial of whether or not I would actually see the end (a pillow it will be!).  In a nut shell, it just isn't the time.  Instead, I am currently concentrating on home improvement projects, less complicated sewing, crocheting in the evening, breathing.   
And giving myself the permission to do just that.  
You see, our lives flip flopped about two and a half years ago.  It was nothing to go a hundred miles an hour and not think anything of it.  It's my nature.  It's my  husband's nature.  We both have always stepped into our places, then hit the floor running.  We are a good team.
However, with his now handicaps, my responsibility level has dramatically changed.  And it has caused me to take a long hard honest look at what matters, why I do it and will I continue.  Needless to say, I about killed myself in the beginning, because I was convinced I could do it all.  Not!
But, with time under my belt, comes the blessing of adjustment, trials and errors, figuring out what works.  It's been a ride!
So, I hope to be around these parts more often.  Thank you for your patience.  xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Priorities can be the way we steer our journey through life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 10, 2014

    Wow what an awesome post ! I just hard something very inspiring as well. ll give you the url http://mychannel957.com/this-one-minute-video-of-jim-carreys-commencement-speech-might-change-your-life-video/?trackback=fbshare_top

    It is a comencement speech given by Jim Carey... What a beautiful quilt block , so fresh so cozy !!! Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful start Trish! I just love that Thimbleblossoms pattern, enjoy the process and hope you can squeeze in time here and there :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding balance can be so hard, I know I struggle with it! Giving myself permission to have down time is hard, but I'm working on it. Life is what it is and the sooner we come to terms with that and accept that we can't do it all, the better off we are. Enjoy the summer, enjoy every day you are blessed with and let the rest fall into place. Love you and hope you can find that elusive balance :>)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
    With Love, DianeM <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these verses. These were my Mom's words to live by and she died at 47. I think of her when I read these verses and remind myself to slow down and enjoy life. Quilting isn't everything, even though I enjoy it a lot.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening! obat penghilang tatto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay with it - one block at a time....one acre of land at a time! This will be a beauty with a love story behind it. love you....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.