April 1, 2014

gathering supplies.

Lately, I've been telling anyone who will listen, of my great desire to learn how to paint!  Not to mention, I have been asking any and everyone if they too would like to join in the fun.  My daughter Katie and I are teaming up!
So.  Here's the plan ... are you familiar with Yvonne CoomberI am especially fond of  her wildflower paintings, they are so fun and colorful.  Recently I found a youtube tutorial by Angela Anderson, that teaches the basic steps using acrylic craft paints.  Her techniques translate easily and allows the one painting to make the art work personal.

I am so excited to get started - I can hardly wait!  Have you branched out lately and tried something new to you?  I'd love to hear of your experience!  wink.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure where you live--but there are many painting studios where you go in and learn a painting in one night. We have several here in TX, Pinot's palette and Painting with a twist. It's a super fun girls night out and a way to try out a new craft without investing in lots of supplies like paints and brushes....they supply everything. A group of ladies in our neighborhood has gone several times and everyone has a great time and goes home with a nice painting (even the ones who claim to be art-challenged!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say thanks for providing the link to the painting technique you like, I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love that painting! Well, you can't be surprised since you know I love color too! how fun, I look forward to seeing your results. Now the important thing is to not give up if it isn't perfect the first time, even Rembrandt didn't start out a master.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, yes, I like to watercolor.. Especially to make little illustrations of the areas we travel to or just outdoors. I carry with me a little pad and my Cotman water color for field..You know when you read country living UK especially ? there is always a little water color of rabbits in the garden etc. Thats what I like to do..These are my 2 favorite sites online for supplies .. http://www.dickblick.com/ http://www.jerrysartarama.com Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice! I will def give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effort! I knew how to paint and sketch (I think it was a natural thing to me) as a child and then tried sewing and cooking as an adult. I had not painted for 20 years and tried it again recently- I seem to be better at it now. You will be amazed how much you are capable of if you try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to learn to paint, but I think I will stick with sewing. That keeps me busy enough. =) Good wishes on your new creative venture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like so much fun, I bet you'll do some beautiful paintings
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a beautiful painting!!! Did you do that?
    How fun to try new things and be so good at them right off the bat!
    Happy painting!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I would LOVE to have that hanging in my home - good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.