February 3, 2014

spinning a few plates.

My sewing machine has been all abuzz lately and I love it!  I am so thankful to be able to do what I love.  
There is a fun quilt along taking place on Instagram.  #dwellalong.  I love seeing all the adorable little houses and quilts that are being made using Camille Roskelley's, Dwell pattern from her latest book Simply Retro.  I have made just the one block and added sashing.  I am still on the fence as to whether it will be a pillow or a mini quilt for my sewing room wall.
 
Another little bit of sewing has been on January's bee blocks for Carrie.  I am such a sucker for half square triangles and I loved making these blocks!
And last but not least, a nursing infinity scarf for my daughter Valerie.  Super easy.  Takes one yard of jersey knit fabric!

7 comments:

  1. The sewing blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks. So glad you are having fun.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful block, I love the cheery fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks and such a neat scarf!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love... as usual!
    Trish, would you mind emailing me (I can't find your address)
    I have a quick question for you. Thanks so much, Kim
    brownbagstudio@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying so hard not to get into Instagram!! How not to if there's a quilt along with Camille's blocks?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant nursing scarf, wish I had one of those back in the day! Love the blocks, I have a soft spot for half square triangles too, love what you are doing with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.