November 19, 2013

a little of everything.

I am having so much fun sewing the Quilty Fun Sew Along blocks!  These little courthouse steps have stolen my heart!  I would love to make a whole quilt of them like Lori's!  I even made a pincushion out of one.  It is the perfect size!
My dear friend Renee and I are sewing together across the miles.  We both have a fat quarter bundle of Santa's Workshop (I got mine here) and have both made two blocks.  Check out Renee's blocks here.
I raced outside today to try and get some pictures of my favorite tree.  With hundreds on our property, it must sound hard to choose just one.  Though there are several I am very fond of, while they are all shedding their leaves for the season, this one displays the prettiest shades of orange and red.  I literally wait for it.  It is such a beautiful show and lasts such a short amount of time.
I hope you are having a wonderful week!


Don't forget to enter this fabulous fabric giveaway!  Winner will be chosen tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Love your little pin cushion. Thinking I need one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures to look at! I love your courthouse steps. They remind me of the log cabin quilt I want to make. And your blocks (& Renee's too!) look so good. What fun to sew together. I love maple trees. Yours is putting on a lovely show of color. My little maple that I've had for two years is beginning to get colorful too. Can't wait until it's a nice, mature tree. :) But right now it's so cute. This is the most colorful autumn we've had in years....I actually can't remember seeing such pretty colors here before. I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks and what a gorgeous tree!! The colors are so pretty!! Have a great night! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your courthouse steps are very pretty,! Such bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blocks, love the pin cushion....they're such a nice wee project to do :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That block made a perfectly darling little pincushion! I can't wait to see what both you and Renee do with your little quilt along :>) Sadly our trees are quite bare and boring at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Trish, I love the little pincushion and will have to make one from myself and as gifts to sewing friends. I just read your email and sent you my address, thank you so much I am so excited and will be watching my mail. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa, LOL. I've just finished my first quilt, which I quilted on my sewing machine, and I'm starting another, that I will be hand quilting. This is a new love of mine and I am totally hooked on quilting. Thank you again.
    Keep Smiling,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.