I am so happy to share with you a special, finished quilt top. I have absolutely loved piecing this swoon quilt top for my dear friend, Kathy. I started the process last April with a generous amount of time for completion.
Between tutorials and sewing for 2 quilt markets (last spring and this fall), as well as two magazine quilts, I was able to carve out happy moments of piecing the blocks.
One of my favorite blocks is this orange and navy blue one. The orange is just delicious and the navy contrast makes my heart sing!
Thank you Kathy for such a fun chance to sew with your special fabrics and for your confidence in my ability. Your dear quilt is on it's way home! Yay!!
made with love
xoxo
Gosh! It's amazing the things you can stitch in a year - amazing and perfect as always.
ReplyDeleteWow! That turned out great!! I love the gray background. It makes the colors pop.
ReplyDeleteLovely!!! I can't to see how she quilts it. What an amazing collaboration :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteI love the prints and and the background color! Wonderful finish.
ReplyDeleteWow~ you have so much talent!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful!
Good morning Trish. You did a wonderful job. Kathy is a lucky gal.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
It turned out just beautiful! Such lovely fabrics. You are a busy bee but a happy one! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Such a lovely contrast of colors. I'm sure your friend will be extremely pleased...I know I would be :)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! Lucky Kathy :)
ReplyDeleteIt arrived today!!!!! I was pleased as punch! It's even more beautiful than I expected and you did an amazingly beautiful job! Thank you, my dear sweet friend. I can't wait to get it quilted! I have a plan forming in my head....ooooo - pretty-ness!
ReplyDeletexxoo
Trish you have done a beautiful job and Kathy I love you fabric choices! I have the swoon pattern and hope to start mine soon!! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteKathy is a very lucky girl to have you in her life. What a very special gift... it's just beautiful Trish!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I love your color combos. Scrap quilts are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is beautiful, love the colors and looks like it would be so comfortable to cuddle up with, love the design and the workmanship is wonderful...
ReplyDelete