
Several months ago I cut into my seaside fat quarter bundle. I just love the children playing in the sand. Before we moved here, we lived in Florida for 6 years, and were about 30 minutes from the beach. The children and I spent a lot of time there and we have some of the fondest memories of playing the sand, sitting in the waves, feeding the seagulls. Often times I would finish up our school lessons before lunch so we could head out to the beach, and we would usually stay until dinner.

I am using this tutorial which was perfect because I wanted to see all the prints and not cut them up too small.

With the remaining strips I was able to make a toddler quilt using this tutorial.

I really enjoy the handquilting process, so this is coming about slowly, in the evenings while I am with my family. It is so relaxing and I just love the feel of perle 8 thread!
When this little one is finished, I will tuck it away for future grandchildren. xo
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great you found fabric that has meaning and brings back happy memories for you. =)
ReplyDeleteYour seaside quilt is beautiful. Future grandchildren will be blessed.
ReplyDeleteWhat happy memories are wrapped into those quilts! Your hand quilting is always just the right touch....wish I had the patience to do it :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHow adorable! I don't kow if you did it on purpose or not but the pattern reminds me of waves and works perfectly with your seaside fabrics!! I love hand quilting, too. It's the only way I have finished the few quilts I've done and will continue to do it this way. Though much slower, I love the finished look and knowing that someone took the time to put in each stitch by hand makes it that much more meaningful to me. I've never used perle 8 thread. Will have to check that out.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet and I love that line!! I can't wait for the new line coming next month from October Afternoon! ;) xo Heather
ReplyDeleteThey're both beautiful! I need to finish my bricks quilt with Gypsy Girl. It seems I'm great at starting projects but not at finishing them! :)
ReplyDeleteSew darling. I love it. The quilt you made for Lizzie is so loved. You're a fabulous quilter and a wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet quilt. It is going to be so loved.
ReplyDeleteHugs
donna
Hi, I am going to give it another try, I love your quilts and the fabric is adorable too!!
ReplyDeleteThis makes such a cute baby quilt! I agree with Velma, it looks like waves, which is so perfect for the fabric collection you used!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely piece! I just finished a hand pieced quilt top that I'm going to hand quilt so I like your idea of using a thicker embroidery thread rather than sewing thread. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the fabrics and the quilt...Those seaside colors are lovely..
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Trish! I just love that fabric too, so cute. xo
ReplyDeleteA very beautiful quilt. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is going to look great in the Bricks pattern. I really like the Toddler quilt too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty cheerful quilt, lovely fresh colours. You are certainly tempting me to try some hand quilting.
ReplyDeleteHappy Stitching!
Good Morning Trish - I sure do love your hand quilting :)
ReplyDeleteSmiles, DianeM
Good Morning Trish - I sure do love your hand quilting :)
ReplyDeleteSmiles, DianeM
I love this Trish!... Sew sweet:)
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is beautiful Trish.
ReplyDeleteTruly a real treasure!