April 3, 2013

w.i.p. wednesday

Do you ever find the last stages of completing a quilt are bittersweet?  I love love love to sew binding onto my finished quilts.  I also love the feel of a warm and crinkly quilt fresh from the dryer, but being at the end, well, means being at the end.  
I have really enjoyed making Allison's scattered pattern.
I have also been doing a little pattern testing and can't wait to show the finished quilt.  When I do, there will be a nice little giveaway, so be sure and stay tuned.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

  1. Hi! Sure do! I love hand stitching my quilting binding,but know when I'm finished>the quilt is finished! Most of my quilts go to a Baby Quilt Charity,so I console myself that someone out there will love my quilt! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,Linda

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bittersweet. :)

    I'm not a huge fan of sewing binding onto large quilts though, I have to admit. But I do so dearly love a finished project!!

    Can't wait to see what you're testing :) Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the end being bittersweet-- it's one of the reasons I started hand quilting, to make everything last a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt that way with my last quilt. I so enjoyed working on it. Now I'm on the several other projects that I'm enjoying just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have stitch envy, your hand quilting is so beautiful and neat. And looking forward to seeing what you're testing with those lovely fabrics :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the backing and binding on this quilt and all the white spaces mixed in with the bright trangles! Another beautiful project:>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely hand quilting! And your fabric colors with the white are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hand quilting, and I love love the sneak peak of the quilt pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scattered is looking mighty pretty. :) Can't wait to see the pattern you're testing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hand quilting looks great! Do you draw the lines first?
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, hand quilted and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is lovely! I love sewing on the binding as well, that last thing to do before it being finished, hurray!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.