April 13, 2013

weekend plans.

Hello and Happy Saturday.  I hope that your weekend is off to a great start!  We went from experiencing violent weather on Thursday to clear blue skies today.  I really should be outdoors getting a jump on a few things before they are overgrown, but decided to stay put inside and work on a few projects.  Here is a little glimpse of what I am up to this weekend.
All of Kathy's gorgeous fabrics are paired up and being cut into swoon blocksThe background fabric is gray (you can see it here).  I just love that pop of orange she included!  I can't seem to get enough orange these days.  Do you ever do that with a certain color?  Which one?
A little happy mail arrived at my home!  A few half yard cuts from Fig Tree Co. recent release of Avalon.  I love every fabric that Joanna creates for Moda, but truth be told, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Strawberry Fields, and now Avalon are my very top favorites!  The red with white polka dots will become the binding for my Strawberry Fields Granny Square quilt (it is en route to the quilter now), you can see the finished (unquilted) quilt here.  Joanna's fabric lines mix very well.  I hunted for more of the Strawberry Fields fabric with no luck.  I am so pleased at how the polka dots from Avalon go so well with the Strawberry Fields line.  
I have noticed that other designer fabric lines are the same way (for example : Bee In My Bonnet for Riley Blake, Bonnie and Camille for Moda, V and Co. for Moda - just to name a few).  I am so glad, aren't you? It is fun mixing their lines together!
Did you happen to spy the crochet pin cushion in the above picture?  It is currently available in my little shop as well as a few others.  I am also happy to make more for you if need be.  
 (tutorial tuesday supplies - hint hint)
I hope you will drop in on Tuesday to see the latest tutorial I will be sharing with you. 

11 comments:

  1. Cute fabric for the tutorial, I bet I can guess what it is;>) Have a great weekend Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your weekend plans! Me? I'm sitting in a freezing gym watching volleyball. Seriously freezing. You'd think the temps would be geared towards the spectators, not the players, since spending the weekend on bleachers is bad enough! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pincushion is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Avalon fabric, too!! Have a great weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what a lovely bundle of yummy fabrics - have fun creating!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect way to spend the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend the weekend. In fabric heaven.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - perfect weekend for playing with fabrics. I also love Avalon....yummy! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish! Finally got caught up on some of your blog posts that I missed, and I have been drooling over all the pretty fabrics and quilt blocks! Your blog looks great!
    Happy sewing this week...
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pin cushions are really cute, clever, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Trisha. I thought I would reply to your comment here on an older post. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. You came up as a no reply blogger when I tried to reply to you. I looked here on your site for an e-mail but couldn't see one either. Anyway, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.