There is a special little someone in my life with a birthday quickly approaching. And this little man loves fire engines. One of the fabrics used has several fire engines, plus other motor vehicles that he will recognize.
I used Kerri's fabulous magic pillow case tutorial, and let me just say, this was so much fun!! I don't want to stop making them! Thank you Kerri for showing us how!
The pattern calls for 3/4 yard of the main fabric and 1/4 yard for the band, in addition to 2" of fabric for the smaller band. I was able to take one yard of two different fabrics that I thought he would like and make two matching standard size pillow cases.
Now they are ready to be wrapped and shipped, wishing this little one a happy birthday and sweet dreams. xo




This is the same tutorial I am using to teach my daughter on her new Janome! Your cases look wonderful. That little man will have happy dreams for sure.
ReplyDeleteThe fabric is adorable I'm sure he will love it... Sarah x
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely and you're special little man will love it for sure!
ReplyDeletexx
They're so cute! I'm sure he will have so much fun looking at all the different vehicles.
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous fabric, lovely idea.
ReplyDeleteukcitycrafter@live.co.uk
Love the fabric, I am sure he will love them! Such a sweet idea for a birthday gift!
ReplyDeleteI love that fabric! That is my new favorite way to make pillowcases, it is so easy and always turns out great :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is the name of the fabric line? It is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It really is cute, isn't it? Here is the link to where you can find it : https://www.etsy.com/listing/102319985/japanese-cotton-fabric-white-fabric-with?ref=shop_home_active
DeleteSew cute Trish!...I love that method and have made many pillowcases in the past using it:)
ReplyDeleteWhat cute fabric!
Adorable! The truck fabric is so cute, I bet he's going to love these!
ReplyDeleteAww, so sweet!! Pillowcases are on my list!! Thanks for sharing your cute ones! xo Heather
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that is so cute! Such a happy place to lay a sweet little head to sleep!
ReplyDelete