April 1, 2013

in bloom.

Our crabapple tree has been in full bloom.  The scent is heavenly.  I wish there was some way I could share it with you.  Like a scratch and sniff...remember those?!
 
It won't be long and those pretty little flowers will become tiny little tart crabapples that will make super yummy jelly!  I absolutely love jelly making days!
The ornamental pear trees are in bloom too.  When the flowers are done blooming, they fall like snow, it is magical to walk under them while they sprinkle down on you.  This particular tree has been brimming with mocking birds, that flit about while I am on my early morning walk.
In the south azaleas are in full bloom this time of the year.  They are all over our property and so pretty to step outside and be surrounded by big bright pink azaleas bushes.  This is just a snippet and not in full bloom.  But it was on my walk to the mailbox, so I took a picture. 

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty! Don't you love watching the plants "wake up" after winter? My azaleas are slowly beginning to bloom, but they look like midgits next to yours.

    Thanks for sharing your pretty blooms with us. Wish you could put a scratch & sniff sticker on your sidebar for us too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD!!! I am just going to live vicariously through you today. I can almost feel the sunshine and smell the flowers! I.cannot.even.imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure to be able to go outside to such beauty. Our trees are just now starting to bud. Wouldn't that be great to do scratch and sniff. lol.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.