March 11, 2013

row eleven and hand quilting.

I had so much fun sewing together the spools for row number eleven.  As you can probably tell, I am skipping around a little bit, since I am a ways behind.  I am like a child in a candy store having to choose which of my favorite candy to buy first.
Before stepping out this morning for an orthodontist appointment, I managed to get a little cutting done for my next row to sew together ... tulips!  Lori's tulips are so stinking cute, I can't wait to finish this row.  Which happens to be row thirteen.
 
Over the weekend (and nestled in my car at the orthodontist this morning), I managed to get some of the hand quilting done on my scattered quilt.  
I love the nubby feel of perle 8 thread.  It is my absolute favoriteI enjoy the back just as much as the front.
On a side note, I made this for dinner last night.  Oh my goodness was it good!  Don't you just love pinterest?! 

Have a lovely week and thanks so much for cheering me on as I play catch up on Lori's adorable row along!!  

12 comments:

  1. Well done Trish, you're catching up rapidly! Those tulips are fab, I still need to do mine too.
    Happy Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it!...and your quilting is perfect!
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitches are so straight and beautiful Trish, I lov how the quilt is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of the raspberry back on your scattered quilt! And dinner looks like it was indeed yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your row along is coming along great! And as a non-hand-quilter, I've always admired anyone who could hand quilt. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spools are so pretty and I can't wait to see your tulips!! You hand quilting is inspiring!! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE that hand quilting and quilt! Can't wait to see it all done! And that chicken looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your little spools are adorable Trish:)...and YES! to hand quilting!!!
    PS can you come over and cook me dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the quilting on Scattered! You're right - nothing like quilting with pearl cotton...mmmmm! That chicken dish....Pined it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah for hand quilters! I love to quilt by hand and am happy to see that other people still do it, too. Your stitches are beautiful. I like that pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your spools are great, I just cut out my baskets last night, I always admire your hands quilting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trish I love your spools. Your fabrics are fab. Looking forward to seeing your tulips. I am at aww over your hand quilting it is just beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.