February 4, 2013

sewing before the game.

Weekends are typically no sew time.  However, I managed to sneak a little cutting, sewing, and ironing in, (for my scattered quilt) right before the Super Bowl aired (the only time of the year I care anything about football).  Born and raised in Northern California (Marin/Sonoma Counties), I cheered on the Niners right to the very end.  It was a good game.  Now I am back to a little more sewing between some chores that need catching up on.  Did you watch the game?

15 comments:

  1. I am from the Bay Area too, just south of where you were raised. Wasn't that a crazy game, power outages and all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoyed watching it too yesterday, and I NEVER watch football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope....but I did handsew a binding on and listened to the boys hoot and holler (G)!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sewing for me, but I did straighten up my sewing space. Gee, I really need to stop procrastinating about my scraps! I watched the game, the farmer commercial got my tough guy farmer husband all choked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What game? Lol, I am blessed to have a husband who cares nothing for sports. I couldn't even tell you who was playing, (except now I know California right?) I do plan on catching the Super Bowl commercials online though:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to a party, and I was hoping they would pull it out at the end. Too bad SF didn't win, but it was fun to watch! Just finished an old WIP this weekend. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that I don't have to watch football, though I did watch the end just to keep in the loop. I sewed the entire time!!! Can't wait to see your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being an east coast gal (born and raised) I love Baltimore. It is so like Philly with it's problems so I was happy to see the city have something great to celebrate. And I like Ray Lewis even though lots of folks don't. It was a good game. I did a little picking out of my scrappy strips during the game and ate too much guacamole (made fresh with all fresh ingredients, so good)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubby loves sports so we watched the game, more like he watched and I rather half-way watched with him as I knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i made 5 baby doll quilts for my daughter to take to her job at a daycare...she wanted something for the little girls to play with. One of the parents works at Westminster Fibers in Charlotte and she brought in a good-sized box of precuts and gave them to Rachel, who in turn gave them to me (oh joy!) which is what I made the babydoll quilts with! I haven't machine quilting in ages so it felt wierd getting back into that again! I enjoyed the game a bunch - cheered for the Ravens!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't watch the game, but hung out with friends while their husbands did. Funny, I always love super bowl sunday, but I never watch the game myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see more of your project! I got my sewing time in on Saturday. Sunday was all about getting ready for the game etc. The hubs (from Bay Area)and our boys are 49er fans. Even better... we have family in Baltimore... so the competition level was strong (but friendly)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been to busy working on this months challenge to get any sewing in but soon, oh sew soon, I can get back on it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty and neat stack of blocks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.