Do you remember this tutorial?
It is an easy peasy way to create a granny square quilt using a matching layer cake, charm pack, and some neutral background fabric.
It has taken me a while to finish piecing the top, but for no other reason than just to enjoy the process. There is something dear to my heart about this quilt.
From the start, I knew that I would not rush. I would enjoy both the pretty fabric (Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree for Moda) and each step it would take to complete.
The layer cake and matching charm pack were special gifts from people I care very much about. I have thought about them and have prayed for them throughout the stitches.
As is obvious, technically, the quilt is not finished until it is quilted, and once my finger heals, I plan to continue on by hand quilting it.
It's strange, I just don't want it to end. Other quilts I have made in the past, I am anxious to get started and finished. This one ... not so much.
Thank you so much for dropping by to visit. I hope you are having a nice day. xo
linking to :
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday
linking to :
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday








And a very pretty finish it is!!
ReplyDeleteIt is so, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! I too have a thing for Granny squares, love then to death
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful Trisha. What are the finished dimensions? My daughter is getting married in July and I want to,make her a queen size quilt. I have a layer cake and six charm packs of marmalade fabric by Bonnie & Camille and would love to make this.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is a beauty! How wonderful to have memories of your friends built into the quilt. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the simplicity of it Trish! No matter the size, granny square blocks are pretty sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt, beautiful story. It's going to be a stunner after it is hand-quilted.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty! The collection you chose is so perfect for the layout!
ReplyDeleteOh Trish I love it! The fabrics are so pretty, and the hand quilting is going to be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, and I just love that line of fabric, too!! Hope your finger is feeling better! Have a beautiful day! xo Heather
ReplyDeletevery pretty! take care of that figure so you can quilt soon.
ReplyDeletelove love love love love it! :)
ReplyDeletexoxox
Oh Trish, it is so beautiful. I have always had a love for the strawberry motif. My very first set of dishes had pretty little strawberries in the center. I know you want it to go on, but I really want to see the finished quilt! What will you back it with?
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful! From the colors to the prints to the pattern, it's a beauty. Great job!
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely lovely Trish!!!
ReplyDeleteabsolutely beautiful, I just love everything about it!! I am in the process of starting a small square granny square, but your large squares have now caught my eye!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for shaing
So lovely - just like you! I'm in love with anything Fig Tree puts out there. xxoo
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is TO DIE FOR! I love the colors so much. *sigh* I really need to learn to quilt.
ReplyDeleteThis is a simply stunning quilt top, LOVE it so much!!!!
ReplyDelete