December 6, 2012

graham cracker toffee.


When I did our grocery shopping this week, I made sure to pick up all the ingredients needed for this simple and very addicting recipe.  I posted it last year, but just had to bring it forward to this year as well.  It is just too yummy to pass up.

graham cracker toffee.

graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
chopped nuts (optional)
1 bag chocolate chips

line sided cookie sheet with graham crackers.  melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan.  bring to a boil.  pour over graham crackers.  sprinkle with nuts.  bake at 325 for 10 minutes.  melt chocolate chips and pour over the top.  cut into squares and refrigerate until chocolate becomes hard.

enjoy. 

note : still time to enter the sew mama sew giveaway here 

10 comments:

  1. These look delicious, yet simple to make - my favourite combination. Here in the UK we call Graham Crackers, 'Digestive Biscuits'. So for any UK readers, you'll need a packet of McVities Digestives : )

    Thank you for the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy Trish! Thanks for sharing!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe Trisha!
    It sounds yummy...I'll try it this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make these for Christmas. There won't be a lot of us so more for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear....I love graham crackers & chocolate! Gotta try these - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Anything for another cup of coffee.
    Smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I've had this and it's killer! Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten all about this recipe:>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I'll definitely have to try this! I've seen (and tried) the saltines version but using graham crackers is new to me! I bet it IS addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo...this sounds so yummy and so easy...something chocolate is ALWAYS appreciated in my home! We baked 3 kinds of cookies this past weekend, and have more planned for next weekend, I'll add these to the list :) Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.