October 6, 2012

simple life saturday. week one.

  laugh
\ˈlaf, ˈläf\
: to find amusement or 
pleasure in something  

laugh every chance you get 
find the funny in the mundane
the silly in the scary
have private jokes
laugh with each other
laugh at yourself
 as simple as that may sound
it is one of our strongest bonds 
that bind us together

what is a simple joy to you? 

(special thanks to Woody - for allowing 
me to use this picture of us - I love you)

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Our philosophy exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hot cup of coffee at the local coffee shop with my husband. It gets us out of the house and away from all the projects that we have to think about all the time and lets us focus on each other:>) Happy weekend Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing has been one of our key ingredients since we met 46 years ago.

    Love that picture of you two.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing is our favourite pastime, I know some of our visitors think we're nuts even a bit weird, then others.....our close friends are as bad, its so good, I really do love to laugh
    Lots of love Karen x
    ps wonderful pic of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughter IS the best medicine :-) Thanks Trish, and I wish you a Saturday filled with love, laughter and all things good.
    Be blessed,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We laugh out loud and often, I have the lines on my face to prove it!! Simple for us is sitting on the deck watching our grands

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a good laugh at my self right in department store. I was returning some things that my husband had purchased in the men's department. I said to the clerk that I could not find the item on the receipt, maybe he could. He checked and then said that this item was not from their store. It clicked with me------my hubby, the Costco Super Shopper, had bought this sweatshirt from Costco! I was laughing all the way out the store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Lots of love comes with sharing laughter ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to laugh i laugh a lot because my family is very funny
    Love,Ella xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Laughter can be such a blessing! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. We totally agree here at our house...Mr. Honey and I have been laughing together since we were 12 and the tradition has continued with our children...we play funny games together...tell jokes and laugh together as often as we can. Our oldest son Ben...now that he's married and lives with his own family, will often call or text me several times a day...just to tell me a joke.
    Love and Laughter go well together in a family:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes so important! Our house is loud but we try to laugh as much as we can. Otherwise boy we would crack up over here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Saturday...yes...laughter is the best medicine! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a person who can laugh not only at others but themselves, as well. I love to laugh until it hurts! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.