October 18, 2012

oh how i have missed my sewing machine.

The hum of my sewing machine was quiet for over a week.  It has since been singing along so sweetly.  I have missed creating and sewing, so much.  You might as well tell me not to breathe on days like that.  Are you that way too?
Last spring after the Spring Market, my dear friend Amy surprised me with a couple of mini charm packs.  What a special treat!!  I could hardly wait to create something meaningful with them.  I found a wonderful pattern and it came together so quickly.  The hand quilting is done, and today I will finish the binding (at the dentist office).  My little creation is a table topper.  I am in love with Fig Tree fabrics for the fall.  
I have a larger table topper made from Breakfast at Tiffanys and I can hardly wait to bring it out each fall.
I am also finishing up row four from Lori's row along.  I am smitten with these adorable apples!  I have never made an apple block and can't wait to show them tomorrow!
I will have other finishes as well, that have not been shown.  I apologize for showing all my starts and yet am not so good at showing the finishes.  I will try harder in that department.

13 comments:

  1. such a cute topper, I can't wait to see your latest finished! Great use for those mini charms! Love to sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect little fall quilt! I'm also in love with the apple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the apple is adorable...and yes, I can't wait to see your finish with those Fig Tree fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the projects you are working on Trish. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table topper trish...and you know I love the gingham apple:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so cute!!! I ♥ your table topper!! So happy your sewing machine is humming merrily along again :) xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best and sweetest projects, whether in the works or completed. Such inspiration.

    I have been so resisting the temptation to do Lori's row quilt, oh boy, but that apple...lead me not!!! LOL

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, and I love your apple block!! Happy sewing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy making table toppers because they are such a great way to sample a fun fabric line. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sew glad you got back on your machine!! I too can't hardly stand being away from mine. Such cute projects you are working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You projects are so cute.....the apple, especially! Don't you just love table toppers??? Very gratifying and fab "stash busters"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what an adorable gingham apple with that beautiful solid green leaf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The apples are my favorite row yet. Love yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.